iFollow

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators:ashman, poshnipper

tonyp
iFollow

Post by tonyp » 24 Nov 2020, 09:30

There have been a number of complaints about the iFollow service on match threads.
DMac obviously isn't happy with it.
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... in-3043779
Season ticket holders have been able to watch home games live on the erratic iFollow service for no extra charge, but that’s a service MacAnthony would happily ‘dump in a bin tomorrow,’ if he could.

Brianposh

Re: iFollow

Post by Brianposh » 24 Nov 2020, 11:40

I am not surprised. i Follow is very unrealiable as it is at present and appears to be sheer luck if you get a picture and sound for the whole 90 minutes. If working well it is a great asset.
We will see if we get tonights game.
e.g. they state it starts broadcasting an hour before kick-off, that has only happened to me twice this Season, as usually you cannot get hooked up until 10-15 minutes before kick off.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Nov 2020, 11:54

Brianposh wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 11:40
I am not surprised. i Follow is very unrealiable as it is at present and appears to be sheer luck if you get a picture and sound for the whole 90 minutes. If working well it is a great asset.
We will see if we get tonights game.
e.g. they state it starts broadcasting an hour before kick-off, that has only happened to me twice this Season, as usually you cannot get hooked up until 10-15 minutes before kick off.
Very similar to other supporters Brian. It's a pathetic shambles - but better than nothing!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 24 Nov 2020, 12:14

I find that the commentary is about 4/5 seconds ahead of the pictures so you know what's going to happen before you see it on screen. I'd rather have the option of no commentary and just the stadium noise tbh.

A big thanks to Ashman for the tips on how to watch it on my TV rather than an iPad, much appreciated by me if not the missus who's laptop I commandeer to link up to the TV :D .

For those who want to watch the Chorley game on Saturday but don't have BT Sport, if you know someone who does subscribe then you can use their log in and watch it on the BT Sport App (which again you can stream through your TV) without having to pay to watch it. This doesn't stop them watching the game on their TV either. You can have 2 different devices, other than the TV, logged on at the same time as well.

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Nov 2020, 12:25

HantsPosh wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 12:14
I find that the commentary is about 4/5 seconds ahead of the pictures so you know what's going to happen before you see it on screen. I'd rather have the option of no commentary and just the stadium noise tbh.

A big thanks to Ashman for the tips on how to watch it on my TV rather than an iPad, much appreciated by me if not the missus who's laptop I commandeer to link up to the TV :D .

For those who want to watch the Chorley game on Saturday but don't have BT Sport, if you know someone who does subscribe then you can use their log in and watch it on the BT Sport App (which again you can stream through your TV) without having to pay to watch it. This doesn't stop them watching the game on their TV either. You can have 2 different devices, other than the TV, logged on at the same time as well.
I think that the Blackpool game was the only one that suffered from audio lag, but after half time they got the commentary almost up with the action! Unfortunately the picture was then poor at times, being fuzzy and out of focus.
I tried listening to Radio Scum on my radio but that was no better so I turned off the sound from iFollow plus the radio and kept returning to see if things had improved. The second half was only just acceptable tbh.
I can see BT Sport on my desktop as I pay for BT to supply me with Broadband. Does that mean I should be able to get it on my TV?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Nov 2020, 15:59

Weird I haven’t noticed much of the problems, admittedly the last two weeks I have tended to watch the rugby and just listen to the commentary apart from the last two or three minutes of the first half and the last ten minutes of the second. So didn’t really notice any problems. When I used to have problems I believed it was the fault of my wi-fi. I changed from talk-talk to BT to Virgin and then to Sky. I haven’t really had the problems since joining Sky.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 24 Nov 2020, 18:16

Living in the USA has seen me an iFollow season ticket holder for the past 2-3 seasons. On the whole it works well but this season has been by far the worst suggesting capacity issues as more people sign up...customer service is awful for a live product often responding days later....the sync issues with sound and picture are very amateur...will be trying again this afternoon from New York :clap:

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Nov 2020, 19:59

Working seamlessly atm. Admittedly they haven't kicked off yet!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Nov 2020, 22:03

Worked fine for me, even saw Stuie’s flag
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 24 Nov 2020, 22:06

As did I Bristol, No problems with i follow, great. Slightly better football on show.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Nov 2020, 22:09

No problems, as usual, in Queensland.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 25 Nov 2020, 10:03

I think that the Blackpool game was the only one that suffered from audio lag, but after half time they got the commentary almost up with the action! Unfortunately the picture was then poor at times, being fuzzy and out of focus.
I tried listening to Radio Scum on my radio but that was no better so I turned off the sound from iFollow plus the radio and kept returning to see if things had improved. The second half was only just acceptable tbh.
I can see BT Sport on my desktop as I pay for BT to supply me with Broadband. Does that mean I should be able to get it on my TV?

No as you have to be a BT subscriber but if you have it on your desk top you can link it to your TV with the HDMI cable as you do with iFollow

ashman

Post by ashman » 25 Nov 2020, 11:12

HantsPosh wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 10:03

No as you have to be a BT subscriber but if you have it on your desk top you can link it to your TV with the HDMI cable as you do with iFollow
I could have sworn that I posted the main part of that text??? :wink: However, thanks for the advice! :clap2:

ashman

Post by ashman » 25 Nov 2020, 21:19

PISA are members of The FSA who have produced this.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/efl-streaming

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 25 Nov 2020, 22:10

ashman wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 21:19
PISA are members of The FSA who have produced this.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/efl-streaming
Done