The Peterborough United Debate

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

The Peterborough United Debate

Post by ashman » 17 Nov 2020, 07:19

https://www.theposh.com/news/2020/novem ... ed-debate/

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/0 ... t=17:26:20

Sent a 'well done' email to 'Shailesh Vara' in response to his efforts to get fans back into stadiums, especially to Posh. Today received a reply. Good to know they look in their inbox.

"VARA, Shailesh <shailesh.vara.mp@parliament.uk>
16/11/2020 20:47
Dear Mr Allen
Thank you for your email and kind words.
It really is important that we get spectators back into Posh’s stadium and I will certainly continue my efforts to try to do so.
I was also very pleased to be able to put on the record the fantastic work that the Peterborough United Foundation does for the local community and also to give recognition to all that the club does for the local economy.
I very much hope that you and your family are keeping well in these unprecedented times.
Take care.
Yours sincerely,
Shailesh Vara
Shailesh Vara MP"
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Brianposh

Re: The Peterborough United Debate

Post by Brianposh » 17 Nov 2020, 09:02

Well done Dave. Everything helps and will help in the future. At least Posh are in a better position than most in the lower Leagues.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 17 Nov 2020, 11:43

Brianposh wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 09:02
Well done Dave. Everything helps and will help in the future. At least Posh are in a better position than most in the lower Leagues.
Can I suggest that as many supporters as possible email Mr Vaga? He seems to be a very agreeable MP!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Nov 2020, 19:50

According to the Daily Mail Australia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... plans.html
EXCLUSIVE: Football fans could be back in grounds BEFORE Christmas: DCMS wants to allow spectators in some stadiums when national lockdown is lifted, after Boris Johnson told MPs he was keen to 'bring crowds back'
Sources close to negotiations over the return of fans say officials at the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have now submitted proposals to the Cabinet Office for spectators to attend games in areas where coronavirus infection rates are low, once the second national lockdown is lifted.
Is Peterborough and area where coronavirus infection rates are low?
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein