Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6475
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by Poshay » 14 Nov 2020, 17:59

From a purely academic point of view the commentator from Radio Cambridge was useless.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18687
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by ashman » 14 Nov 2020, 18:07

Poshay wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 17:59
From a purely academic point of view the commentator from Radio Cambridge was useless.
Yeh! iFollow was useless and then when I got anything at all it was a commentary of the Cambridge match. Could only watch about 35 minutes of the first half with commentary from the Crewe crew! Disgraceful service from them again!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18687
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by ashman » 14 Nov 2020, 18:18

Stumpy and Gaz loving this! :evil: :twisted:
Just an off day I reckon. I hope Fergie tells the world and his wife that Blackpool and Plymouth are both rubbish teams. He built Crewe up far too much IMO!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9758
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by Brianposh » 14 Nov 2020, 18:22

Crewe I fear gave us a lesson in 'how to do it'. An off day for sure. Fergie will deal with it.

i Follow took me over an hour to get sound and a moving picture, luckily by the time only 3 minutes had gone by. Then perfect!!!!!!
i Follow is too much of a gamble. No guarantee of picture or sound what ever you set up. Not good enough.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18687
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by ashman » 14 Nov 2020, 18:25

Brianposh wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 18:22
Crewe I fear gave us a lesson in 'how to do it'. An off day for sure. Fergie will deal with it.

i Follow took me over an hour to get sound and a moving picture, luckily by the time only 3 minutes had gone by. Then perfect!!!!!!
i Follow is too much of a gamble. No guarantee of picture or sound what ever you set up. Not good enough.
Totally agree Brian. iFollow are supposed to be providing a paid for service for fans across the country, but are more than often failing abysmally. :evil: :twisted:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30147
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Nov 2020, 18:51

The first half we were certainly outplayed, as I wanted to watch the rugby when we went two down I decided things would not get better, at least England’s rugby team didn’t let me down. I may have been wrong to criticise the selection of Reed, he wasn’t the worst culprit.Ward in the first half seemed to be our best outlet, but we kept going to Dembele, JCH and Szmodics might just as well have not been there. In that first half they out played us out thought us. Pym could do nothing with either goal, and what on earth was Mason thinking of when he attempted that pass.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Reisse
Posts: 20
Joined: 14 May 2009, 09:53

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by Reisse » 14 Nov 2020, 19:04

Crewe first half were outstanding. We were outplayed, out-thought, outwitted, out-tactic-ed.

Wintle and Lowery bossed the midfield.
Pickering and Kirk caused havoc down the left hand side.
Same with Powell and Ng down the right hand side. Ng first half kept Dembele quiet. 
Finney broke from midfield and caused problems for are defence.
Offord blocked a shot from JCH and marshalled him really well all game.

We were poor but only because Crewe kept possession very well and when we did have the ball we gave it straight back to them but that was down to Crewe's pressing. 

If I was Darragh I would be writing a cheque to Crewe for Ng, Offord, Pickering, Wintle, Lowery and Kirk.

pleasureboy60
Posts: 326
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by pleasureboy60 » 14 Nov 2020, 19:06

Sometimes you just have to give credit to the opposition. We were well and truly beaten today by a far superior, hard working and well set up team. For me it's nice to see one of the so called lesser teams in this division get the better of us. It just shows that is not all about money spent and the best players. Hard work, doing your homework on the opposition, and a manager who is technically apt at getting the best out of what he has at his disposal. We'll done Crewe!

stumpy
Posts: 160
Joined: 01 Feb 2020, 15:52

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by stumpy » 14 Nov 2020, 19:54

ashman wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 18:18
Stumpy and Gaz loving this! :evil: :twisted:
Just an off day I reckon. I hope Fergie tells the world and his wife that Blackpool and Plymouth are both rubbish teams. He built Crewe up far too much IMO!
I hate it actually...as did Fergie and any real supporter

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 845
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by Gaz_Miller » 14 Nov 2020, 20:50

ashman wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 18:18
Stumpy and Gaz loving this! :evil: :twisted:
Ridiculous comment - again. You think I paid ten quid, and gave up my Saturday afternoon hoping that Posh lose? Get real or stop posting.

The problem today was that Fergie did their managers job for him. He couldn't have bigged them up more if he tried. They must have been really up for it before kick off (which became evident within two minutes of watching).


Let's put it down to an off day. Next Saturday is massive, because it's that time of year when we're flying high, have one bad result, and we nosedive season after season. Fergie needs to spend the week praising his own players.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

SmithAdam
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Nov 2020, 21:16

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by SmithAdam » 14 Nov 2020, 21:29

I’m new around here but a life long posh fan.

For me a few things were evident from today:

1) JCH, for all that he brings in terms of a physical presence, his link up play is limited and often doesn’t appear to be on the same wavelength of those supporting him. He often completely kills a move by either trying to wrestle a centre half or simply losing control of the ball,

2) Thompson is a key part of our starting 11 and Mason doesn’t cut the mustard. Neither defensively nor going forward.

3) Crewe play an attacking, free flowing style of football. Arguably the most attractive team I’ve seen us face all season.

Whilst the goals we conceded stemmed from a soft free kick and an horrendous mistake from Mason, we absolutely deserved nothing from this one.

With Thompson and Taylor in the side, it may well have been a different story, but it’s clear to me that injuries/ the absence of one or two key players and we’re not as solid as we might hope.

Wilco
Posts: 56
Joined: 18 Jan 2020, 09:11

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by Wilco » 14 Nov 2020, 21:54

Very disappointing.
As previously Stated, we deserved nothing, Crewe were the better team and were good value for their win.
I do wonder why we have to keep changing formation every game, if we were that good (and I have my doubts) it should be the opposition changing tactics to compete with us but we just don’t seem to dominate games at the moment. Not sure why, it’s the same team bar one that looked so good against Wycombe, Oxford, Portsmouth and Ipswich last season. It can’t all be down to the loss of Ivan, great player that he was, it takes 11 to make a team. I’m hopeful that normal service will be resumed soon enough, even Liverpool and Man City have the odd blip, despite the millions they’ve spent.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18687
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by ashman » 15 Nov 2020, 00:32

Gaz_Miller wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 20:50
ashman wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 18:18
Stumpy and Gaz loving this! :evil: :twisted:
Ridiculous comment - again. You think I paid ten quid, and gave up my Saturday afternoon hoping that Posh lose? Get real or stop posting.
The problem today was that Fergie did their managers job for him. He couldn't have bigged them up more if he tried. They must have been really up for it before kick off (which became evident within two minutes of watching).
Let's put it down to an off day. Next Saturday is massive, because it's that time of year when we're flying high, have one bad result, and we nosedive season after season. Fergie needs to spend the week praising his own players.
If you had bothered to read the rest of my post -'Just an off day I reckon. I hope Fergie tells the world and his wife that Blackpool and Plymouth are both rubbish teams. He built Crewe up far too much IMO!' you will see that the above echoes the last part of your post -'Let's put it down to an off day. Next Saturday is massive, because it's that time of year when we're flying high, have one bad result, and we nosedive season after season. Fergie needs to spend the week praising his own players.' and don't tell me to stop posting!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ontheup
Posts: 19
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 13:05

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by ontheup » 15 Nov 2020, 12:32

I dont get this he built Crewe up and thats why we failed, we should have used that as an insentive, so I dont buy it, we failed as a team to put anything together, we failed as a team to pass the ball, we failed as a team to be clinical in front of goal, we basically FAILED ourselves, any team given that amount of time and space would look like Barcalona

HantsPosh
Posts: 537
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Crewe Alexandra v Posh

Post by HantsPosh » 15 Nov 2020, 18:05

SmithAdam wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 21:29
I’m new around here but a life long posh fan.

For me a few things were evident from today:

1) JCH, for all that he brings in terms of a physical presence, his link up play is limited and often doesn’t appear to be on the same wavelength of those supporting him. He often completely kills a move by either trying to wrestle a centre half or simply losing control of the ball,

2) Thompson is a key part of our starting 11 and Mason doesn’t cut the mustard. Neither defensively nor going forward.

3) Crewe play an attacking, free flowing style of football. Arguably the most attractive team I’ve seen us face all season.

Whilst the goals we conceded stemmed from a soft free kick and an horrendous mistake from Mason, we absolutely deserved nothing from this one.

With Thompson and Taylor in the side, it may well have been a different story, but it’s clear to me that injuries/ the absence of one or two key players and we’re not as solid as we might hope.
What he said! :stupid:

Post Reply