Cambridge v Posh - EFL Trophy

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: Cambridge v Posh - EFL Trophy

Post by stumpy » 11 Nov 2020, 00:14

Really good game - pretty open but, I have to say, Cambs deserved the draw....some good performances and some that won't have them knocking on the door of the first X1 yet...

Tony Martin

Post by Tony Martin » 11 Nov 2020, 09:43

All I know is that I'm more deadly from twelve yards.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 11 Nov 2020, 19:17

Tony Martin wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 09:43
All I know is that I'm more deadly from twelve yards.
No, you're not. Even Eisa hits the target more often than you

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 12 Nov 2020, 20:02

Does anybody know who we play next? And/or when?

dunc

Post by dunc » 13 Nov 2020, 01:25

The outstanding group games are due to be played next Tuesday and Wednesday evening, so I assume the draw will take place sometime on Thursday 19th or Friday 20th.
The first knockout round is still regionalised and you cant be drawn against a team from the same group, so I assume they will do a similar draw to last season whereby Southern Group Winners A, B, C and D will be at home to Southern Group Runners-up E, F, G and H.
Therefore I assume Posh will be drawn away to West Ham United under-21's, Arsenal under-21's, Oxford United or M K Dons (although Northampton or Stevenage could sill overtake M K Dons, depending on next week's final group game).

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 13 Nov 2020, 02:22

dunc wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 01:25
The outstanding group games are due to be played next Tuesday and Wednesday evening, so I assume the draw will take place sometime on Thursday 19th or Friday 20th.
The first knockout round is still regionalised and you cant be drawn against a team from the same group, so I assume they will do a similar draw to last season whereby Southern Group Winners A, B, C and D will be at home to Southern Group Runners-up E, F, G and H.
Therefore I assume Posh will be drawn away to West Ham United under-21's, Arsenal under-21's, Oxford United or M K Dons (although Northampton or Stevenage could sill overtake M K Dons, depending on next week's final group game).
Blimey! What a complicated set-up.
Although we all think this competition is a waste of time I suppose it does present a possibility of playing at Wembley.
We could beat any one of that lot if we fielded a half strength team.