Oxford v Posh FA Cup

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: Oxford v Posh FA Cup

Post by stumpy » 07 Nov 2020, 20:09

The FA CUp is good for Posh - we have a very good and expensively assembled squad for a league 1 team and all need game time. For instance, Eisa cost over a million - he needs minutes.....

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 07 Nov 2020, 21:26

bristleposh wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 19:35
It is a waste of time without fans, if we are allowed back in in January for round 3, it could be worth it if we get drawn away to a top six side, otherwise there is very little in it, hence why we played six reserves, and brought on another in the first half. Our strength in depth is so much better this season.
Yes we do have a great squad. And we have a great manager.
And it goes to show that that the FA Cup is not a waste of time even without fans at the game.

Wilco

Post by Wilco » 07 Nov 2020, 22:34

stumpy wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 20:09
The FA CUp is good for Posh - we have a very good and expensively assembled squad for a league 1 team and all need game time. For instance, Eisa cost over a million - he needs minutes.....
Agreed. Eisa played very well for us at the start of last season and you don’t become a crap player overnight. He needs game time and he needs us to play a formation and a style that suits him if he is to prosper. I fear that won’t happen and he will eventually be offloaded for a a fraction of the price we paid. Not a problem if our owners pockets can take the hit but very sad because I don’t think he fails through lack of effort, he put a shift in today but didn’t get the service he needs.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 08 Nov 2020, 03:10

Wilco wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 22:34

Eisa needs game time and he needs us to play a formation and a style that suits him if he is to prosper. I don’t think he fails through lack of effort, he put a shift in today but didn’t get the service he needs.
And that is the challenge that Fergie has if he wants to persevere with Eisa.