Posh v Burton

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ontheup

Re: Posh v Burton

Post by ontheup » 28 Oct 2020, 12:51

Just watched the highlights, Brooms miss, Kents header from 6 inches out,Wards free kick against the bar, put it down to a bad day, its how the Team responed on Saturday

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 28 Oct 2020, 20:48

It was a game that we could have won and just as easily could have lost. They pressed us with real energy and we struggled to escape and certainly did not dominate the game. All in all, it's been a good 10 days or so and a win Saturday will have us in a good position. We do seem to struggle when teams change tactics or pressure the ball and I still think we have another couple of gears. I don't think Szmodics is in form and might be good to see Dembele drop to the left wing with Eisa alongside JCH but we have other options in the #10 spot as well....

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 30 Oct 2020, 08:28

Brianposh wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 22:11
Rubbish i follow t.v., saw just 13 minutes out of the 90. Poor game it appeared to me. Not enough bite or effort.
As compensation for the Burton cock up iFollow have kindly given us free access to the away game at Crewe. :clap:
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 30 Oct 2020, 09:43

Poshay wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 08:28
Brianposh wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 22:11
Rubbish i follow t.v., saw just 13 minutes out of the 90. Poor game it appeared to me. Not enough bite or effort.
As compensation for the Burton cock up iFollow have kindly given us free access to the away game at Crewe. :clap:
At least they have responded quickly. I gladly accept the Crewe ticket. I also received an e-mail from them as a Annual Subscriber.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 30 Oct 2020, 09:58

I'm not the manager and I, according to some, don't know what I'm talking about most of the time. My take on what went wrong is that for the last few games of last season and the first few games of this we played with 5 at the back, We were doing fine apart from a shoddy result at Accrington. When we were losing at home going into the 90th minute we ditched that and went with four at the back, scored twice to kick start our season, but instead of reverting to the five at the back we continued with the system that got us out of the doggy do do. However expecting Thompson to do a Mark Little for the full 90 minutes doesn't work, and Butler is not as effective when he has to do that same job. Admittedly Ward appears to perform better when put further forward, but that is outweighed by the fact that we are getting overwhelmed and outplayed when teams attack us. We've got away with it so far but we always seem to look shaky when teams attack us: when Kent and Beevers are drawn out to hold up wingers the gaps in the middle are glaring and we were found out twice by Burton, and it could have been far worse. Give those two the luxury of a third centre back and Ward and Butler can both be more effective going forward.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 30 Oct 2020, 09:59

stumpy wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 20:48
It was a game that we could have won and just as easily could have lost.
Sounds as though a draw was a fair result then.
I thought we should have won. But I am a long way away!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 30 Oct 2020, 10:03

bristleposh wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 09:58
I'm not the manager and I, according to some, don't know what I'm talking about most of the time.
Well, I'm certainly not one of those who think you don't know what you're talking about.
I look forward to your and Brian's comments on the games.