FA Cup 1st Round

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

FA Cup 1st Round

Post by bristleposh » 25 Oct 2020, 19:16

Draw live on BBC2 at 7-30 on Monday, were ball 34

Having asked the question on Facebook I have found out that even if we get drawn away to team that is allowed fans in, (eg Banbury) we will still not be able to attend as it’s home fans only. Apparently a couple of weeks ago Peterborough Sports had about 500 in the ground for the third qualifying game against Banbury, which they lost on penalties, had a few away supporters there, yet if Banbury got a dream draw away to Posh no fans would be allowed. Ridiculous.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

tonyp

Re: FA Cup 1st Round

Post by tonyp » 25 Oct 2020, 19:32

bristleposh wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 19:16
Draw live on BBC2 at 7-30 on Monday, were ball 34

Having asked the question on Facebook I have found out that even if we get drawn away to team that is allowed fans in, (eg Banbury) we will still not be able to attend as it’s home fans only. Apparently a couple of weeks ago Peterborough Sports had about 500 in the ground for the third qualifying game against Banbury, which they lost on penalties, had a few away supporters there, yet if Banbury got a dream draw away to Posh no fans would be allowed. Ridiculous.
It's definitely ridiculous. While we're waiting for the draw can you explain why -
1. Peterborough Sports could allow Banbury fans in but Banbury would be home fans only.
2. If we were to draw Banbury away, how do the gate people know which club you are supporting? Obviously if you are trying to get in you're not going to be wearing Up the Posh regalia.
3. What if you were just passing through and wanted to watch a live game and didn't care who won?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Oct 2020, 20:13

Banbury if they were playing Peterborough Sports, I assume would allow away fans in for a league fixture.
As to your other questions I assume once again that they wouldn’t know, however if you could watch on iPlayer why risk travelling to an away ground you may not be allowed entry too, I assume it would be all ticket and anyone with a PE postcode would probably be blocked. With my BS postcode I might get away with it
they're a prat!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 25 Oct 2020, 22:54

bristleposh wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 20:13
Banbury if they were playing Peterborough Sports, I assume would allow away fans in for a league fixture.
As to your other questions I assume once again that they wouldn’t know, however if you could watch on iPlayer why risk travelling to an away ground you may not be allowed entry too, I assume it would be all ticket and anyone with a PE postcode would probably be blocked. With my BS postcode I might get away with it
In other words, whoever we draw and wherever it is, Posh fans will only be able to watch it on iFollow. But if it's away to a non-elite club they can have fans there?
Definitely bonkers.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Oct 2020, 22:58

tonyp wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 22:54
bristleposh wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 20:13
In other words, whoever we draw and wherever it is, Posh fans will only be able to watch it on iFollow. But if it's away to a non-elite club they can have fans there?
Definitely bonkers.
I don’t know that for certain, but teams in the level below national league north and south can have fans at league matches, whether they can at FA cup games is another matter.
they're a prat!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Oct 2020, 23:11

I was going through the teams left standing to see how many are allowed to have fans in, through the first few I found Skelmersdale, Banbury, FC United and South Shields, I cant be bothered to look any further
they're a prat!

ashman

Post by ashman » 25 Oct 2020, 23:38

Question? Will iFollow, run by the EFL, allow fans access to the games?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Oct 2020, 03:12

ashman wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 23:38
Question? Will iFollow, run by the EFL, allow fans access to the games?
Good question.
According to FAQ on iFollow on the Official site
https://www.theposh.com/ifollow/ifollow-faq/
I'm an international subscriber - can I watch every game live?
You’ll be able to watch most first-team league matches as they happen – with a few exceptions. When Posh fixtures are selected for television broadcast in your country, these matches will remain the exclusive right of the EFL’s broadcast partner. Audio commentary will still be available for every first-team fixture.

Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Checkatrade Trophy fixtures will not be included for live broadcast.
That does appear to be out of date mind you.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Oct 2020, 09:21

According to the EFL official website FA Cup games are not on their site. I assume the games will be on radio Cambridgeshire, which is only available in the Peterborough area, during league matches I have found in the past that from Bristol you can’t get Posh games on line. I wonder like with some pre season friendlies they may be streamed live by the club.
they're a prat!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Oct 2020, 20:12

bristleposh wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 23:11
I was going through the teams left standing to see how many are allowed to have fans in, through the first few I found Skelmersdale, Banbury, FC United and South Shields, I cant be bothered to look any further
No fans to attend first round games

The FA have confirmed that no fans will be allowed to attend the first round fixtures, despite fans being in attendance for the fourth round qualifying tie between Bishop's Stortford and St Albans City tonight.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Oct 2020, 20:16

Oxford United away

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Oct 2020, 20:34

Oxford City vs Northampton Town
Oxford football fans will be glued to the telly that weekend!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Oct 2020, 20:48

Hopefully we will play mainly fringe players, save the first team for the important games
they're a prat!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Oct 2020, 21:51

bristleposh wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 20:48
Hopefully we will play mainly fringe players, save the first team for the important games
Depends on whether DMac and Fergie want us to go further than Round 1.

ashman

Post by ashman » 26 Oct 2020, 23:40

bristleposh wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 20:48
This is really kicking the FA Cup in the nuts. Shame but that's the way things are going. Anybody really have any great love for this competition anymore? I used to love it but this is a further watering down of the competition!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'