Posh v Oxford

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Posh v Oxford

Post by bristleposh » 18 Oct 2020, 19:44

ashman wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 19:41
They would all be totally out-paced in today's football, no matter how good they were!
The back four would probably all be sent off every match
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Oct 2020, 19:47

bristleposh wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 19:44
ashman wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 19:41
They would all be totally out-paced in today's football, no matter how good they were!
The back four would probably all be sent off every match
What, the old timers or our present crew?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Oct 2020, 19:51

Some of the tackles put in by the sixties side would not be allowed today
they're a prat!

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Oct 2020, 20:04

bristleposh wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 19:51
Some of the tackles put in by the sixties side would not be allowed today
True, but I suggest that most of them wouldn't even get close enough to the player to put in one of those 'good old fashioned' tackles! :wink:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Oct 2020, 20:11

That may well be true
they're a prat!

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 18 Oct 2020, 20:38

ashman wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 09:14
HantsPosh wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 22:20
Just shame we have that useless lump upfront and not a decent proper striker, complete waste of money
Rubbish. He is not a 'Toney' and never will be. His hold up play is very good and he seems to occupy at least one defender allowing others to cash in. He plays further up the pitch than Toney but that is not a reflection of JCH but more a compliment on the all round game of Ivan Toney. As his manager Thomas Frank says "Ivan (Toney) is about much more than goals. His link-up play and persistence are excellent and he will improve massively throughout this season. He scored two top goals and was frustrated about coming off, but it was an impact injury and I was thinking of taking him off anyway."

Sounds like a level headed chap.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2020/o ... l-moments/
Not disputing that Ivan is quality Ashman but I wholeheartedly agree that JCH isn’t and never will be as good as Ivan yet we paid twice as much for him than we did for Ivan hence why I think he’s a waste of money and if he was that good why didn’t he sign for a Championship club like Ivan did? Nothing I’ve seen from him so far has made me change my opinion of him in any way.

Is all about opinions :D

ashman

Post by ashman » Yesterday, 00:34

HantsPosh wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 20:38
Not disputing that Ivan is quality Ashman but I wholeheartedly agree that JCH isn’t and never will be as good as Ivan yet we paid twice as much for him than we did for Ivan hence why I think he’s a waste of money and if he was that good why didn’t he sign for a Championship club like Ivan did? Nothing I’ve seen from him so far has made me change my opinion of him in any way.
Is all about opinions :D
As you say, it's all about opinions, but to label one of our own players as 'a useless lump and not a decent proper striker, complete waste of money,' is extremely disrespectful.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » Yesterday, 19:58

Agree calling him a useless lump is disrespectful so that’s fair comment but to say he’s not a decent striker and a waste of money is not disrespectful at all and is a valid opinion to which I’m entitled. I don’t rate him at all and don’t look at everything with blue tinted glasses all the time.

Pretty sure a lot of fans would have had the same opinion of Tyrone Barnett and Joe Gormley.

ashman

Post by ashman » Yesterday, 22:55

HantsPosh wrote:
Yesterday, 19:58
Agree calling him a useless lump is disrespectful so that’s fair comment but to say he’s not a decent striker and a waste of money is not disrespectful at all and is a valid opinion to which I’m entitled. I don’t rate him at all and don’t look at everything with blue tinted glasses all the time.

Pretty sure a lot of fans would have had the same opinion of Tyrone Barnett and Joe Gormley.
Of course you are allowed your opinions about any player but initially, many fans did the same with Toney in his first few games. I'm not suggesting that JCH is going to be the next Ivan Toney; I just wish that fans would give him at least a dozen or more games before they start to comment on his abilities and the amount of dollars that he has cost the club. There will never be another Toney at our club (IMO) He really was an exceptional footballer.
We have JCH leading the line now and he deserves fans support 100% during his initial settling in period. I'm glad that I am not allowed into the stadium on match days! I can imagine some of the awful things being said about new players by a small majority of uninformed fans.