Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Winning League One

Post by bristleposh » 30 Sep 2020, 12:03

Wilco wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 11:39
Good grief.
So Bristolposh has joined the Gaz and Stumpy’s not so happy bus, condemning Fergie and (despite denials from previous mangers and DMac) now thinks everyone has to dance to the chairman’s tune.
May I remind you that we were shipping goals at an alarming rate and going nowhere under Johnson, Cooper was inexperienced and out of his depth at the time, and watching paint dry was more fun than watching Steve Evans’ brand of football.
I’m not naive enough to think all our time under Fergie has been a bed of roses but I think we’ve seen some of the most entertaining and attacking teams during his tenure.....and I started following Posh in 1970.
I haven't joined anybody, I see what I see. We may well have shipped a lot of goals under Johnson'd tenure I certainly didn't remember that I remember watching his last game in charge at Craven Cottage and despite getting a new one drilled I thought we had played probably the best football I had ever seen from a Posh side (at that time). That season I thought George Boyd played exceedingly well and thought he would have been high on the list of assists in league one, shows how memory fools you McCann was top and even CMS finished above George.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 30 Sep 2020, 17:40

Wilco wrote:
Good grief.
So Bristolposh has joined the Gaz and Stumpy’s not so happy bus, condemning Fergie and (despite denials from previous mangers and DMac) now thinks everyone has to dance to the chairman’s tune.
May I remind you that we were shipping goals at an alarming rate and going nowhere under Johnson, Cooper was inexperienced and out of his depth at the time, and watching paint dry was more fun than watching Steve Evans’ brand of football.
I’m not naive enough to think all our time under Fergie has been a bed of roses but I think we’ve seen some of the most entertaining and attacking teams during his tenure.....and I started following Posh in 1970.
er, Johnson had us on the verge of/in the play offs the season after we got relegated, signed McCann and Tomlin, Cooper awful, Evans would have got us promoted but he wasn't liked and Fergie is a solid League 1/League 2 manager who has had the fortune of being backed with massive cash...It's all too early to tell this year but, it hasn't started well

ashman

Post by ashman » 30 Sep 2020, 17:47

stumpy wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 17:40
Wilco wrote:
Good grief.
er, Johnson had us on the verge of/in the play offs the season after we got relegated, signed McCann and Tomlin, Cooper awful, Evans would have got us promoted but he wasn't liked and Fergie is a solid League 1/League 2 manager who has had the fortune of being backed with massive cash...It's all too early to tell this year but, it hasn't started well
All supposition in order to fit certain personal criteria!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 30 Sep 2020, 22:34

stumpy wrote:
.It's all too early to tell this year
Assuming we're still talking about "Winning League One" I agree with Stumpy.
And I repeat "It doesn't' matter how many we lose. We'll win enough to get promotion."
I, personally, don't mind if we only finish second.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 14 Oct 2020, 02:37

ashman wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 17:47
stumpy wrote:
Wilco wrote:
Good grief.
All supposition in order to fit certain personal criteria!
Not really but keep on keeping on

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 14 Oct 2020, 02:40

tonyp wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 22:34
stumpy wrote:
.It's all too early to tell this year
Assuming we're still talking about "Winning League One" I agree with Stumpy.
And I repeat "It doesn't' matter how many we lose. We'll win enough to get promotion."
I, personally, don't mind if we only finish second.
Money always talks and talks louder in the lower leagues....promotion is the goal, winning the league a bonus...