Winning League One

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 810
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Winning League One

Post by Gaz_Miller » 27 Sep 2020, 09:45

Interesting that the previous six seasons (not including last year when it was cut short) that the winners of League One ALL lost a maximum of SIX games all season.

After only three matches, we’ve already lost 33% of those.

If winning the league is the aim, then we need to seriously get our arses in gear else the season will be over before it’s even begun.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30047
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Winning League One

Post by bristleposh » 27 Sep 2020, 10:13

Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 09:45
Interesting that the previous six seasons (not including last year when it was cut short) that the winners of League One ALL lost a maximum of SIX games all season.

After only three matches, we’ve already lost 33% of those.

If winning the league is the aim, then we need to seriously get our arses in gear else the season will be over before it’s even begun.
We can still afford to lose six more, be positive
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 810
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Winning League One

Post by Gaz_Miller » 27 Sep 2020, 11:16

FOUR more.

No wonder you vote Tory
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16563
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Winning League One

Post by DaveLister » 27 Sep 2020, 11:22

bristleposh wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 10:13
Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 09:45
Interesting that the previous six seasons (not including last year when it was cut short) that the winners of League One ALL lost a maximum of SIX games all season.

After only three matches, we’ve already lost 33% of those.

If winning the league is the aim, then we need to seriously get our arses in gear else the season will be over before it’s even begun.
We can still afford to lose six more, be positive
Positive? You know its Gaz, right?
Image

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Winning League One

Post by ashman » 27 Sep 2020, 11:37

DaveLister wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 11:22
bristleposh wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 10:13
Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 09:45
Interesting that the previous six seasons (not including last year when it was cut short) that the winners of League One ALL lost a maximum of SIX games all season.

After only three matches, we’ve already lost 33% of those.

If winning the league is the aim, then we need to seriously get our arses in gear else the season will be over before it’s even begun.
We can still afford to lose six more, be positive
Positive? You know its Gaz, right?
I try to stick up for him and then ...... :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Bluemike
Posts: 65
Joined: 09 Jan 2020, 20:04

Re: Winning League One

Post by Bluemike » 27 Sep 2020, 20:28

ashman wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 11:37
DaveLister wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 11:22
bristleposh wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 10:13


We can still afford to lose six more, be positive
[/quote
Not sure Gaz needs support mate, even "tongue in cheek". This is a forum where opinions are free?
He's a Posh fan like the rest on here. His political and covid opinions,(during the closed season) are an irrelevance to me - don't agree with most of them, however.....
His statements about our performance on the pitch under DF are relevant.
3 matches in and I'm looking for a star player/star combination to get us out of this league. I can't see either.
I think people should take off their rose tinted glasses from the back-to -back promotion days and face up to the fact that we have a multi million pound squad and we are being managed by a coach who the club sacked twice. I'd be surprised if most managers in L1 wouldn't give everything to have such a squad.


Positive? You know its Gaz, right?
I try to stick up for him and then ...... :roll:

Bluemike
Posts: 65
Joined: 09 Jan 2020, 20:04

Re: Winning League One

Post by Bluemike » 27 Sep 2020, 20:56

Seems my last comments may have been amalgamated into bristleposh post. My finger trouble but stand by my comments

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Winning League One

Post by ashman » 27 Sep 2020, 23:02

Bluemike wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:56
Seems my last comments may have been amalgamated into bristleposh post. My finger trouble but stand by my comments
Your comments weren't amalgamated, you just hit the wrong button when you wanted to quote. I suspect you hit the edit button which is the pencil, as opposed to the upside down quotation marks! (so what were your comments?) :question: :question:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30047
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Winning League One

Post by bristleposh » 28 Sep 2020, 08:01

Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 11:16
FOUR more.

No wonder you vote Tory
You can’t trust these modern day computers, I keyed in 6-2 so to get the wrong answer was Google’s fault not mine. It has nothing to do with my voting habits, other than my education was mainly in the secondary modern/grammar school system that was completely ruined by the comprehensive system brought in by the socialists.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20660
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: Winning League One

Post by tonyp » 28 Sep 2020, 10:30

bristleposh wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 08:01
Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 11:16
FOUR more.

No wonder you vote Tory
You can’t trust these modern day computers, I keyed in 6-2 so to get the wrong answer was Google’s fault not mine. It has nothing to do with my voting habits, other than my education was mainly in the secondary modern/grammar school system that was completely ruined by the comprehensive system brought in by the socialists.
It doesn't' matter how many we lose. We'll win enough to get promotion.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 810
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Winning League One

Post by Gaz_Miller » 28 Sep 2020, 13:52

ashman wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 23:02
Bluemike wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 20:56
Seems my last comments may have been amalgamated into bristleposh post. My finger trouble but stand by my comments
Your comments weren't amalgamated, you just hit the wrong button when you wanted to quote. I suspect you hit the edit button which is the pencil, as opposed to the upside down quotation marks! (so what were your comments?) :question: :question:
Not sure Gaz needs support mate, even "tongue in cheek". This is a forum where opinions are free?
He's a Posh fan like the rest on here. His political and covid opinions,(during the closed season) are an irrelevance to me - don't agree with most of them, however.....
His statements about our performance on the pitch under DF are relevant.
3 matches in and I'm looking for a star player/star combination to get us out of this league. I can't see either.
I think people should take off their rose tinted glasses from the back-to -back promotion days and face up to the fact that we have a multi million pound squad and we are being managed by a coach who the club sacked twice. I'd be surprised if most managers in L1 wouldn't give everything to have such a squad.


Nice to see somebody else facing up to reality.

We've got the best (& most expensive) squad in League One & a manager with a famous surname
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30047
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Winning League One

Post by bristleposh » 28 Sep 2020, 15:25

Personal feeling is that DMAC has the manager dancing to his tune, if like in the past other managers are tried and won’t cow-tow to the man with the money, they leave pdq. Evans, Johnson, Cooper all with previous experience but not of working for a man who thinks he knows better than those. There are many qualified candidates who could certainly do better but to stay in business we need DMAC and if they can’t work with him then there is no point changing.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

HantsPosh
Posts: 517
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Winning League One

Post by HantsPosh » 28 Sep 2020, 20:15

You don’t win League One with the useless JCH upfront!!! Horrendous signing and the biggest waste of money since Jason Cummings loan fee.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Winning League One

Post by ashman » 29 Sep 2020, 02:07

HantsPosh wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 20:15
You don’t win League One with the useless JCH upfront!!! Horrendous signing and the biggest waste of money since Jason Cummings loan fee.
Sweeping statement sir!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wilco
Posts: 36
Joined: 18 Jan 2020, 09:11

Re: Winning League One

Post by Wilco » 30 Sep 2020, 11:39

Good grief.
So Bristolposh has joined the Gaz and Stumpy’s not so happy bus, condemning Fergie and (despite denials from previous mangers and DMac) now thinks everyone has to dance to the chairman’s tune.
May I remind you that we were shipping goals at an alarming rate and going nowhere under Johnson, Cooper was inexperienced and out of his depth at the time, and watching paint dry was more fun than watching Steve Evans’ brand of football.
I’m not naive enough to think all our time under Fergie has been a bed of roses but I think we’ve seen some of the most entertaining and attacking teams during his tenure.....and I started following Posh in 1970.

Post Reply