ashman

Re: Sunderland v Posh

Post by ashman » 27 Sep 2020, 05:35

Wilco wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 21:26
stumpy wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 19:07
It's not good enough.
Yep, 3 games in and we can all see it’s going wrong.
We should sack Fergie, re-sign Maddison and bring back Steve Evans, there’s no other way we’re going up this season.
Absolutely! Ha!

Excuse me while I extract my tongue from my cheek!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Sep 2020, 08:43

ashman wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 05:33
They only beat us on shots off target, corners, fouls committed and yellow cards!

as much as I agree with you on this they also beat us on the one statistic that actually counts, and that was from a very poor penalty decision which I feel was given for the previous handball that the useless ref probably missed, despite him probably saying he thought it was accidental or unavoidable. Ref's try and even up things if they think they've made a mistake, two wrongs according to them make a right.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

ashman

Post by ashman » 27 Sep 2020, 09:57

bristleposh wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 08:43
ashman wrote:
They only beat us on shots off target, corners, fouls committed and yellow cards!

as much as I agree with you on this they also beat us on the one statistic that actually counts, and that was from a very poor penalty decision which I feel was given for the previous handball that the useless ref probably missed, despite him probably saying he thought it was accidental or unavoidable. Ref's try and even up things if they think they've made a mistake, two wrongs according to them make a right.
It was the ref that beat us, not the Mackems!

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 27 Sep 2020, 11:47

I agree that we were probably the better side for much of the game, but with two strikers who both cost, allegedly, over a million quid each, we need to get the ball in the net more often than we concede.

Until Eisa and JCH start contributing what they have been signed to do, we will not get anywhere the play offs, let alone automatic promotion.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 27 Sep 2020, 16:03

ashman wrote:
What a load of rubbish has been posted today. Posh were the better team, apart from towards the end of the first half and at the start of the second half. All teams go through all matches when they have their little purple patches. We will play a lot worse and still beat teams in this division.
Just look at the stats from the game. They only beat us on shots off target, corners, fouls committed and yellow cards!

Possession % Home 49.6 Away 50.4

Total Shots Home 9 Away 11

On Target Home 2 Away 6

Off Target Home 5 Away 3

Corners Home 8 Away 7

Saves Home 5 Away 1

Fouls Committed Home 18 Away 10

Fouls Won Home 10 Away 18

Yellow Cards Home 3 Away 0
I thought we lost

ashman

Post by ashman » 27 Sep 2020, 16:51

stumpy wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 16:03
ashman wrote:
What a load of rubbish has been posted today. Posh were the better team, apart from towards the end of the first half and at the start of the second half. All teams go through all matches when they have their little purple patches. We will play a lot worse and still beat teams in this division.
Just look at the stats from the game. They only beat us on shots off target, corners, fouls committed and yellow cards!

On Target Home 2 Away 6

Off Target Home 5 Away 3

Corners Home 8 Away 7

Saves Home 5 Away 1

I thought we lost
We did but comments like:

"Good start - JCH missed a sitter but Sunderland have tweaked formation and, as we know, Fergie is a bit rigid and slow and they have come into it."
"Another loss and, apart from a couple of worldies last week in injury time, it doesn't look good....."
"It's not good enough."

Shows just how wrong and negative you are being.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 28 Sep 2020, 20:37

ashman wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 16:51
stumpy wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 16:03
ashman wrote:

On Target Home 2 Away 6

Off Target Home 5 Away 3

Corners Home 8 Away 7

Saves Home 5 Away 1

I thought we lost
We did but comments like:

"Good start - JCH missed a sitter but Sunderland have tweaked formation and, as we know, Fergie is a bit rigid and slow and they have come into it."
"Another loss and, apart from a couple of worldies last week in injury time, it doesn't look good....."
"It's not good enough."

Shows just how wrong and negative you are being.
Well, "wrong" is actually not right :-) I may be negative though and I was expecting a "vengeance tour" backed up with millions of pounds of investments in a league where most teams have zero money to emulate us to be a little more productive on the results side. In the end, money will talk and we should be right up there but, JCH did miss a sitter, Sunderland did tweak and our first 20 minutes of dominance evaporated, Fergie stuck with his 5-3-2 even when we went 1 down and, it was two injury time strikes against Fleetwood that grabbed us the points and win we have on the books. All in all, it's a poor start but, as I said, the money invested in this team will be too much for this division....

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 29 Sep 2020, 08:19

stumpy wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 20:37
the money invested in this team will be too much for this division....
...but only if it has been invested in the right places, on current viewing I fear that may not be the case JCH, Eisa, Szmodics, Taylor, Brown, and Ward thus far this season have been woeful at best. I suppose some will argue it could be a fitness issue, but Accrington, Fleetwood and Sunderland all had the same preparation. I can fully understand why people who have watched them will have been annoyed at the negative approach to all the games. As has been shown recently in the Premier league particularly the Man City v Leicester result, that the tippy tappy football that we tend to play, has been found out by sides that press and break quickly.
they're a prat!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 29 Sep 2020, 09:46

It could be a fitness issue.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 29 Sep 2020, 10:02

bristleposh wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 08:19
...but only if it has been invested in the right places, on current viewing I fear that may not be the case JCH, Eisa, Szmodics, Taylor, Brown, and Ward thus far this season have been woeful at best. I suppose some will argue it could be a fitness issue, but Accrington, Fleetwood and Sunderland all had the same preparation. I can fully understand why people who have watched them will have been annoyed at the negative approach to all the games. As has been shown recently in the Premier league particularly the Man City v Leicester result, that the tippy tappy football that we tend to play, has been found out by sides that press and break quickly.
At the moment, the combined fee spent on JCH, Szmodics & Eisa (approx £4m) is looking like three Tyrone Barnett's.

I really hope I am wrong, and the three of them start banging the goals in very soon, but at the moment they look like very expensive League One players. £4m is a huge amount in this league - they should be tearing defenses a new one every game.

There's already an argument to play RJJ & Siriki up front - both players already at the club before these three were signed.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 29 Sep 2020, 10:22

Gaz_Miller wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 10:02
bristleposh wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 08:19
At the moment, the combined fee spent on JCH, Szmodics & Eisa (approx £4m) is looking like three Tyrone Barnett's.

I really hope I am wrong, and the three of them start banging the goals in very soon, but at the moment they look like very expensive League One players. £4m is a huge amount in this league - they should be tearing defenses a new one every game.

There's already an argument to play RJJ & Siriki up front - both players already at the club before these three were signed.
I thought I was on your naughty step...
however, the RJJ/Siriki combination may well be an option and Idris must surely come into the equation especially as Broom does not look anything like a wing-back
they're a prat!