Posh v Fleetwood Town

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Posh v Fleetwood Town

Post by bristleposh » 20 Sep 2020, 13:04

We were pretty awful for the most part, to be fair to him. Pym could do nothing about the goal, and saved a good effort at his near post, in my opinion our second best player after Beevers, Broom did well out of position, Thompson was possibly lucky to stay on the field but for the most part was probably our best attacking outlet, Kent again was off the pace, Butler’s crossing late in the game was what got us back on track. Reid and Taylor were circumnavigated for the most part, but hopefully will improve as confidence grows. Szmodics for the most part was off the pace but the winner covered a lot of the earlier shortcomings. Eisa wasn’t as bad as he has been but still seems to be a long way short of what a million pound striker should be. JCH is obviously still short of fitness, would have probably been rested towards the end had it not been for having used all our substitutes. Dembele was certainly an improvement on what had gone on in the first half. Ward and Mason did the job they were brought on for, the other website appears to think none of our players are good enough, perhaps they should try supporting Scum or Wobblers, to know what poor players are.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

White G

Post by White G » 20 Sep 2020, 19:33

ashman wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 10:53
tonyp wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 21:12
Gaz_Miller wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 17:09
Absolutely pathetic for 90 minutes. A massive get out of jail today.
It’s not good enough for a multi million pound squad.
Brianposh wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 17:07
Dreadful for 90 minutes, but woke up with the 5 minutes added extra time. Our bogey team though so 3 very useful points, but we must work much harder.
Gaz needs to behave the way a proper Posh fan behaves.
Leave him alone. He's getting there - he just jumps the gun a touch early sometimes!
Well said Ashman! The nature of some of the responses on here depend on who commented, and not the actual content of the post!

I notice that Tonyp is particularly bad for this.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 20 Sep 2020, 20:55

White G wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 19:33
ashman wrote:
tonyp wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 21:12

Gaz needs to behave the way a proper Posh fan behaves.
Leave him alone. He's getting there - he just jumps the gun a touch early sometimes!
Well said Ashman! The nature of some of the responses on here depend on who commented, and not the actual content of the post!

:lol:
For those who don't have the ability to understand (which clearly includes WhiteG) I will try to explain-
Gaz and Brian both commented on the Fleetwood game
Gaz said "Absolutely pathetic for 90 minutes. A massive get out of jail today.
It’s not good enough for a multi million pound squad."
Brian said "Dreadful for 90 minutes, but woke up with the 5 minutes added extra time. Our bogey team though so 3 very useful points, but we must work much harder."
Brian, a true Posh fan, was obviously disappointed but was happy with the final result.
Gaz, a very negative poster on here (similar to WhiteG), didn't seem at all disappointed.
Ashman obviously felt sorry for Gaz.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

ashman

Post by ashman » 21 Sep 2020, 06:51

tonyp wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 20:55
White G wrote:
ashman wrote:

For those who don't have the ability to understand (which clearly includes WhiteG) I will try to explain-
Brian said "Dreadful for 90 minutes, but woke up with the 5 minutes added extra time. Our bogey team though so 3 very useful points, but we must work much harder."
Brian, a true Posh fan, was obviously disappointed but was happy with the final result.
Gaz, a very negative poster on here (similar to WhiteG), didn't seem at all disappointed.
We were all disappointed with the performance, WhiteG, bristle, Brian, you, myself, in fact everyone who watched the game!
I certainly didn't feel sorry for Gaz, I merely posted this about him, "Leave him alone. He's getting there - he just jumps the gun a touch early sometimes!" (which in retrospect was spot on!) This was in response to his earlier post of "MacAnthony needs to understand the reason. This season will be over before it’s even got going." This is a ridiculous statement however, as we all know that success, over a season, can never be measured after just two games.

Gaz then posted, "Will that lift us off the bottom?" when Taylor scored the equaliser and "Get in!!!! That was desperately needed today," after Szmodics netted the winner.
This, IMO, doesn't show any sign of disappointment but a true comment of what all Posh fans were thinking!
I'll repeat my comments about Gaz, "He's getting there - he just jumps the gun a touch early sometimes!" (I truly believe he is a Posh fan but with slightly differentiated views to most of us, about how he sees the game!!)
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 21 Sep 2020, 07:30

Superb match pictures from Joe, as usual.

https://www.theposh.com/news/2020/septe ... wood-town/

White G

Post by White G » 21 Sep 2020, 11:33

tonyp wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 20:55
White G wrote:
ashman wrote:

I think Gaz is pretty intelligent, and only negative when there's a need to feel negative. Tony, would you have responded similarly if it was Bristle? Probably not.

It takes a smarter person to realise problems & look at rectifying them. Those who stumble on without thought, thinking everything is OK defo use their brains less.

In conclusion, negativity isn't necessarily bad. I have no problem with Gaz's realism, but get annoyed at all the denial that goes on in here.

And your conclusion on judging who's a truer Posh fan based on their reactions is just cringeworthy! Get a grip Tony, you're sounding like a silly schoolboy!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 21 Sep 2020, 11:38

He very often disagrees with me, I think what you do is called selective reading
they're a prat!

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 21 Sep 2020, 12:49

I found it satisfying to learn that the Fleetwood manager (still awaiting trial on a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm) saw fit to complain about PUFC defenders' alleged rough play. Presumably he spotted Thompson and Kent stubbing out lighted cigars on Ched Evans. I wonder, incidentally, how much jail time messrs Barton and Evans have accrued.

I wonder if JC-H might appreciate a little more pace on crosses delivered into the opposition penalty area: what came his aerial way on Saturday was more of the lazy parabola kind than the zippy dart which Kent nearly converted from a Reed corner. That said, JC-H managed to make Pat Gavin seem sprightly at times.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 21 Sep 2020, 16:49

I have been traveling the past two Saturdays and missed the games at Accrington and the Fleetwood game. I think Fleetwood will be up there at the end of the season so the three points is really all that matters at this juncture.

What is more worrying is that the team has struggled to display any true momentum and energy since the Coventry pre-season games. The wing backs are struggling especially when other teams match us up and the middle of the park now sees Reed back starting after being told he was surplus to requirements (I get that Brown was out but he has also struggled in the games he has played)

All in all, for a team with millions invested in a league where we stand out as the big spenders, it's been an average start to the "vengeance tour" - we simply are not dominating games or looking at all fluid...the games I have seen have been pedestrian...must do better is the early report card

ashman

Post by ashman » 21 Sep 2020, 17:25

stumpy wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 16:49
I have been traveling the past two Saturdays and missed the games at Accrington and the Fleetwood game. I think Fleetwood will be up there at the end of the season so the three points is really all that matters at this juncture.

What is more worrying is that the team has struggled to display any true momentum and energy since the Coventry pre-season games. The wing backs are struggling especially when other teams match us up and the middle of the park now sees Reed back starting after being told he was surplus to requirements (I get that Brown was out but he has also struggled in the games he has played)

All in all, for a team with millions invested in a league where we stand out as the big spenders, it's been an average start to the "vengeance tour" - we simply are not dominating games or looking at all fluid...the games I have seen have been pedestrian...must do better is the early report card
So you missed Accrington and Fleetwood but you can still make a decision on how the team have been playing?? Give them time to get going and I am sure that things will improve. (I agree that the two league games have been a touch poor. A full squad with Brown and RJJ back in the reckoning plus further fitness levels to be found for JCH, Siriki and Szmodics and we will see how much more work needs to be done.)

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 21 Sep 2020, 17:41

ashman wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 17:25
stumpy wrote:

So you missed Accrington and Fleetwood but you can still make a decision on how the team have been playing?? Give them time to get going and I am sure that things will improve. (I agree that the two league games have been a touch poor. A full squad with Brown and RJJ back in the reckoning plus further fitness levels to be found for JCH, Siriki and Szmodics and we will see how much more work needs to be done.)
Well, you don't have to be a genius. Fergie upset at the Accrington performance - "not good enough" and the fans and reporters suggesting that the Fleetwood game was not much better. My comment was really based on seeing the Coventry pre-season games, the Burton Cup game and the Cheltenham game, we really looked pedestrian and that seems to have continued into the league games...there is no doubt that with the squad we have assembled that we should be right up there at the end of the season (whenever that is) but the first few games have not been great

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 21 Sep 2020, 18:54

What I have found difficult to understand over the past few seasons, is why when we are leading by an odd goal with about ten minutes to go we end up defending so much deeper with all ten outfield players and have often suffered as a consequence. I think that is basically what happened to Fleetwood on Saturday, surely ‘‘tis better to defend from the front.
they're a prat!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 21 Sep 2020, 19:13

stumpy wrote:
I think Fleetwood will be up there at the end of the season so the three points is really all that matters at this juncture.
:stupid:

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 21 Sep 2020, 21:41

White G wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 11:33
I think Gaz is pretty intelligent, and only negative when there's a need to feel negative. Tony, would you have responded similarly if it was Bristle?
negativity isn't necessarily bad.
I would say that Gaz is pretty intelligent.
But, in my opinion, commenting on the results of only two league games in a negative manner is unnecessary and not like a Posh fan. We were all disappointed with the way the team performed. But it is, in my opinion, far better to be positive about the future. That is what I would expect from a Posh fan.
I would have responded to the comments similarly had Bristle made them.
There is nothing wrong with having an honest opinion and if Gaz thinks we are in for a bad season unless Fergie is replaced then he is entitled to that opinion. But a true Posh fan would concentrate on the positives and support the club and the manager. It's only my opinion.

White G

Post by White G » 21 Sep 2020, 23:46

tonyp wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 21:41
But a true Posh fan would concentrate on the positives and support the club and the manager. It's only my opinion.
What a load of nonsense!!!