Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: Posh v Fleetwood Town

Post by stumpy » 22 Sep 2020, 00:44

White G wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 23:46
tonyp wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 21:41
But a true Posh fan would concentrate on the positives and support the club and the manager. It's only my opinion.
What a load of nonsense!!!
I know Gaz pretty well (he's my brother) and I can confirm that he is a massive Posh fan. Like a few of us, he is not a massive Fergie fan

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 22 Sep 2020, 09:13

There are many things I like about this message board.
One of them is that we are all entitled to our opinions.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

White G

Post by White G » 22 Sep 2020, 11:25

stumpy wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 00:44
White G wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 23:46
tonyp wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 21:41
But a true Posh fan would concentrate on the positives and support the club and the manager. It's only my opinion.
What a load of nonsense!!!
I know Gaz pretty well (he's my brother) and I can confirm that he is a massive Posh fan. Like a few of us, he is not a massive Fergie fan
I think Tony believes that in order to be a true fan, you must:

- Never question decisions made by manager or owners.
- Never voice concerns or express yourself on bad performances.
- Never publicly admit that you're not confident for forthcoming games.
- Always back the club & team NO MATTER WHAT.

Tony's vision of being a "true" fan is almost akin to North Korea. Imagine everyone followed blindly without question?? People in power could do what they like without being held to account, and things would be much worse.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Sep 2020, 15:41

more verbal diarrhea from our resident bore north of the border
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 Sep 2020, 16:11

White G wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 11:25

Tony's vision of being a "true" fan is almost akin to North Korea. Imagine everyone followed blindly without question?? People in power could do what they like without being held to account, and things would be much worse.
Very unfair on Tony. He will criticise were he thinks it is appropriate and at the end of the day it is only his opinion on a football fans forum.

Please can we all just wind our necks in and realise that we are all Posh fans and to have the same view and opinion of the team, management etc. is totally unrealistic. I am of the view that Darren Ferguson is, and has been, the most successful and approachable manager that we have had since Son of God.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 22 Sep 2020, 21:19

ashman wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 16:11
White G wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 11:25

Very unfair on Tony. He will criticise were he thinks it is appropriate and at the end of the day it is only his opinion on a football fans forum.

Please can we all just wind our necks in and realise that we are all Posh fans and to have the same view and opinion of the team, management etc. is totally unrealistic. I am of the view that Darren Ferguson is, and has been, the most successful and approachable manager that we have had since Son of God.
The stats will agree with you, what they wont tell you is that Fergie has managed Posh at a time in our history when we have more access to money and better players than ever before...would have been hard not to be "successful"

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 22 Sep 2020, 22:35

stumpy wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 21:19
Fergie has managed Posh at a time in our history when we have more access to money and better players than ever before...would have been hard not to be "successful"
We've had some pretty good players and managers in our history since I've been following the Posh. Even in the good old days when we were non-league and Giantkillers.
But I hope you're right and Fergie won't find it hard to deliver success.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Sep 2020, 06:32

stumpy wrote:
The stats will agree with you, what they wont tell you is that Fergie has managed Posh at a time in our history when we have more access to money and better players than ever before...would have been hard not to be "successful"
Indeed it would have been hard not to have been successful, and that is just what Darren Ferguson has been - a success. For a club with 'poor' support, since DMac and Darren have been in charge we have seen some wonderful times with some superb attacking football. A trip to Wembley and Old Trafford plus three promotions and demotions has kept the ball rolling on a club that could never be accused of being boring. The existing stadium has been improved, albeit within certain limitations, and a new stadium is hopefully on the horizon in the next few years. Communication between fans and the owners/manager is superb (ask many other team's supporters) and the media team has been superb all along.
I think that we are extremely lucky to have these people in charge and wouldn't want to change that situation in any respect. Sometimes team selection and tactics can alert some to the fact that not everyone would agree with, but that is the magic of football. Without those uncertainties it would be almost as boring as darts!

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 23 Sep 2020, 14:00

ashman wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 06:32
stumpy wrote:
Indeed it would have been hard not to have been successful, and that is just what Darren Ferguson has been - a success. For a club with 'poor' support, since DMac and Darren have been in charge we have seen some wonderful times with some superb attacking football. A trip to Wembley and Old Trafford plus three promotions and demotions has kept the ball rolling on a club that could never be accused of being boring. The existing stadium has been improved, albeit within certain limitations, and a new stadium is hopefully on the horizon in the next few years. Communication between fans and the owners/manager is superb (ask many other team's supporters) and the media team has been superb all along.
I think that we are extremely lucky to have these people in charge and wouldn't want to change that situation in any respect. Sometimes team selection and tactics can alert some to the fact that not everyone would agree with, but that is the magic of football. Without those uncertainties it would be almost as boring as darts!
So many positives. However, we should be an established championship club by now given the investment in the squad, we are not and that is a failure mainly at Fergie's feet...I think everyone knows this deep down and that's why there is a lot of surface level stuff...nonetheless, the DMac era has been exciting for sure

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Sep 2020, 16:51

stumpy wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 14:00
ashman wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 06:32
stumpy wrote:
So many positives. However, we should be an established championship club by now given the investment in the squad, we are not and that is a failure mainly at Fergie's feet...I think everyone knows this deep down and that's why there is a lot of surface level stuff...nonetheless, the DMac era has been exciting for sure
.... fuelled almost entirely by Darren Ferguson! :comeon:

White G

Post by White G » 23 Sep 2020, 18:20

Fergie is only there as he's the best man who's willing to accept the style of DMAC's leadership. Most other managers would stay clear or end up walking out, but these 2 seem able to work together in relative harmony.

DMAC is definitely a bitter/sweet character for the club. It's a bit like having a mate who's a total pain when he's drunk, but he'll always get the rounds in!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Sep 2020, 19:13

White G wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 18:20

It's a bit like having a mate who's a total pain when he's drunk, but he'll always get the rounds in!
That is Probably the best thing you’ve ever put on here.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!