New players - rumours

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: New players - rumours

Post by ashman » 27 Aug 2020, 17:31

HantsPosh wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 15:15
To show you how bad it is I'm actually in agreement with Gaz_Miller for the first time :oops: :oops: . If Fergie hadn't sold Matt Godden he wouldn't need to burn a million on this character, horrendous singing absolutely horrendous and worse than any of the 'mentally' strong dross Uncle Stevie signed!
I just hope that Jonson rams those words right back down your throat! I think the doubters on here will be pleasantly surprised at the impact that he will make.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 27 Aug 2020, 18:00

Strange signing but needs to be given a chance for sure - with Dembele looking very sharp and RJJ and another million pound striker in Eisa, the rest of league one must be waving the white flag already

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 27 Aug 2020, 18:51

ashman wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 17:31
HantsPosh wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 15:15
To show you how bad it is I'm actually in agreement with Gaz_Miller for the first time :oops: :oops: . If Fergie hadn't sold Matt Godden he wouldn't need to burn a million on this character, horrendous singing absolutely horrendous and worse than any of the 'mentally' strong dross Uncle Stevie signed!
I just hope that Jonson rams those words right back down your throat! I think the doubters on here will be pleasantly surprised at the impact that he will make.
Don't disagree there Ashman, but on the field or off it?

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 27 Aug 2020, 19:13

When you look at his history, it's as though he's had the talent but not displayed it till he got to Brizzle. 24 goals from 42 appearances? Ok, Ivan scored more but Ivan is not the norm in this league.
I hope DF is watching videos of the way Brizzle used him.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Aug 2020, 19:43

Bluemike wrote:
27 Aug 2020, 19:13
When you look at his history, it's as though he's had the talent but not displayed it till he got to Brizzle. 24 goals from 42 appearances? Ok, Ivan scored more but Ivan is not the norm in this league.
I hope DF is watching videos of the way Brizzle used him.
JCH didn’t have the brilliant support Ivan had at Bristol Rovers, and I don’t mean the crowd
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Sep 2020, 14:10

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Sep 2020, 11:42

Pompey fans going mental on Twitter!
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Sep 2020, 11:49

In all seriousness, if we get Szmodics for over a million as well, there is simply no excuses for not going up this year.

We have a multi-million pound squad in League One when all other clubs don't appear to have a pot to p*ss in (including the so-called 'giants').

The play-offs shouldn't even be in the equation - it's top two or nothing, and in all honesty, it should be top one.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

ppsm4

Post by ppsm4 » 08 Sep 2020, 12:20

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Sep 2020, 12:46

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Sep 2020, 12:58

Wilco

Post by Wilco » 08 Sep 2020, 18:14

Gaz_Miller wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 11:49
In all seriousness, if we get Szmodics for over a million as well, there is simply no excuses for not going up this year.

We have a multi-million pound squad in League One when all other clubs don't appear to have a pot to p*ss in (including the so-called 'giants').

The play-offs shouldn't even be in the equation - it's top two or nothing, and in all honesty, it should be top one.
You’d like to think we have agood chance of going up but nothing’s guaranteed. If we do fail, I’m sure nobody will blame Darren :wink:

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 08 Sep 2020, 19:21

A month or more back, I was panicking about our lack of movement in the market. Top 6? No chance. The last few weeks have seen, imo, some top signings by the team and I think they've been very well thought through. I told our special needs Boxer dog about Sammie coming back and he went mad with excitement....more mad than usual.

You've got the team now Fergie so let's see what you do with it.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 08 Sep 2020, 23:27

Gaz_Miller wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 11:49
"EFL expert Tom Love agrees with you
https://www.oddschecker.com/tips/footba ... tting-tips
The Cambridgeshire club have planned ahead and if it wasn’t for the league stoppage they may well have gained promotion last season. I’m expecting them to go one better and win the league this time around.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Reisse

Post by Reisse » 10 Sep 2020, 19:13

Skysports Transfer Centre

14:12 WILLIAMS GOES POSH

Peterborough have agreed a fee of around £400k with Exeter City for Randell Williams.

The defender was one of the standout performers as Exeter reached the League Two playoffs last season, where they were beaten by Northampton in the final.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PETERBOROUGH UNITED LOOKING TO BEAT HULL CITY TO SIGNING OF EXETER CITY MAN

Peterborough United are looking to beat Hull City to the signing of Exeter City winger Randell Williams, as per a report by TEAMtalk.

The Tigers have had two bids rejected by the Grecians for the ex-Watford man.

Peterborough are believed to be in ‘talks’ and are ready to launch a move of their own.

Williams, who is 23 years old, scored five goals in 46 games in all competitions for Exeter last season to help them get to the Play-Off final. He also chipped in with 14 assists and won their Player of the Season and Goal of the Season awards for last term.

He started his career on the books at Tottenham Hotspur and Crystal Palace as a youngster before joining Watford in 2017. He never made a senior appearance for the Hornets but was a key player for their youth side.

He was loaned out twice to Wycombe Wanderers during his time at Vicarage Road to gain first-team experience.

Williams left Watford on a permanent basis in January 2019 to join Exeter and has since been a standout player for the Grecians.

Hull are preparing for life in League One and are looking to sign some attacking players now, as per The72. However, they will have to fork out more money to bring Williams to the KCOM Stadium.

Peterborough have had an impressive transfer window and have brought in Sammie Szmodics and Jonson Clarke-Harris. The Posh could further boost their ranks by beating the Tigers to the signing of the Exeter star.