Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

JohnC

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by JohnC » 10 Jun 2020, 16:40

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 09:49
ashman wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 08:50
Ivan will go and Sammy will return to Bristol City. He is 24 now and is at the height of his career. He won't want to be playing at our level for another year. Mo and Siriki will still be here but if we could find a buyer for Mo then that could possibly happen too.
Siriki could well ask for a transfer too. He wasn't happy keeping the bench warm for over half a season - & I wouldn't blame him at all

Next season could be a struggle unless we recruit really well.
If Dembele had been a little less bellicose at Lincoln, he might have had three more appearances to his name.

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Jun 2020, 16:51

Sam Szmodics
@SamSzmodics
·
36m
Unfortunately my time at
@theposhofficial
has come to an end after the vote. Enjoyed my short time at the club. Thanks to the gaffer, players, staff and fans for making me feel loved. All the best for the future #UTP
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Jun 2020, 20:32

Josh Knight too!

Josh Knight
@Joshknight66
· 34m
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to staff, players and the fans for making me feel so welcome again this season, truly disappointed on how the season has finished! I’d like to wish the club the very best for the future. #UTP @theposhofficial

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Jun 2020, 21:21

😢
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Wonder Mike

Post by Wonder Mike » 12 Jun 2020, 23:35

The loan players are always going to go back.

That's why we have Naismith and O'Hara back with a year to run in their contracts. We'll need to get rid of them because we signed better players in their positions whist they were in Scotland.

We have to do better than Cooper. He's only bothered about going out on the pull when he's in Peterborough.

ashman

Post by ashman » 13 Jun 2020, 06:38

bristleposh wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 21:21
😢
Reece Brown returns to Huddersfield. We are losing all the good ones and it just shows that a club shouldn't rely on loan players.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Jun 2020, 08:23

I think contracts generally end at the end of June and any of the loanees we've had may, if their parent clubs don't want them, or want to make a financial gain from them, may become available to buy, at least we, or at least the management will know what they are getting and how much they are worth.
they're a prat!

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 15 Jun 2020, 15:46

ashman wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 06:38
bristleposh wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 21:21
😢
Reece Brown returns to Huddersfield. We are losing all the good ones and it just shows that a club shouldn't rely on loan players.
Which is why the club should take legal action against the EFL for denying us the right to earn promotion as the 3 loanees would probably have signed full time if we'd got promoted & we might have kept Ivan. To allow Wycombe to vote to end the season for their own gain is nothing short of an absoulte disgrace and has changed my opinion of them as a club forever. I never thought I'd dislike a football club as much as Liverp**l but now.............. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 14 Jul 2020, 08:42

Congratulations to Wycombe.

A budget for certain relegation, yet they defied all the odds, finishing third and have now got promoted.

A lot of envy on social media from Posh fans, slagging off their manager etc, but what an achievement.

Makes our £10 million League One budget look a little bit silly. Maybe people should be focussing closer to home.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 14 Jul 2020, 08:51

If they'd done it over 46/49 games then yes fair play to them but they didn't, they've been promoted by default and didn't finish 3rd either. Rick Parry and the EFL are just as culpable as Wyc*mbe for allowing this to happen but to allow them to do what they did is nothing short of scandalous. A bit like asking a Turkey whether it wants everyone to eat Turkey or Lamb for Christmas Dinner

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 14 Jul 2020, 09:26

It was the fairest way once the majority of clubs voted to end the season. Not Wycombe's fault they'd had a fanatastic season up until the final few games (the games people seem to remember).

If the vote had been taken just after Christmas, we might have been in trouble of relegation.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Jul 2020, 09:39

We would have voted to end the season had we been in the same position.
they're a prat!

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 14 Jul 2020, 14:48

Clubs should have been told to play or be kicked out of the league, if they can't play in June how can they play in September with no revenue inbetween? Rick Parry and the EFL are a complete shambles and not fit for purpose.

And if Posh had voted not to play I'd have said we were a disgrace as well. I've got nothing but contempt for clubs like Coventry & Rotherham who've gone up by default & I'm amazed there isn't more legal actions by clubs hung out to dry.

Wonder Mike

Post by Wonder Mike » 14 Jul 2020, 16:03

HantsPosh wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 14:48
Clubs should have been told to play or be kicked out of the league, if they can't play in June how can they play in September with no revenue inbetween? Rick Parry and the EFL are a complete shambles and not fit for purpose.

And if Posh had voted not to play I'd have said we were a disgrace as well. I've got nothing but contempt for clubs like Coventry & Rotherham who've gone up by default & I'm amazed there isn't more legal actions by clubs hung out to dry.
It was a majority vote.

Of course clubs with nothing to play for, who had worked out that Rick Parry's prematurely announced plan would favour them or not alter their position in the top 6 were going to vote for it.

Ultimately a League does what the majority demands. It's a word with numerous meanings but all coming down to membership.

I look forward to seeing how Wycombe get on.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Jul 2020, 17:59

HantsPosh wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 14:48

The top bit is the problem, the bottom part wouldn't have happened had Parry done his job
they're a prat!