they think it's all over.....it is now

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29958
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Some people are on the pitch

Post by bristleposh » 29 May 2020, 18:59

Imp around the world wrote:
29 May 2020, 18:04
Are they going to be able to afford them at the start of another season
[/quote]

Who knows, but at least they would know the budget and costs likely to be involved plus hopefully gate revenue. I don’t expect many clubs that didn’t expect this situation can afford to spending between £100-500k now without gate receipts for the last 3 months?
[/quote]

I don’t believe that for one moment, the overriding factor is fear, not of Covid, but off the threat of relegation or the lack of promotion. I’m sure if it was a financial issue they would find a way of suggesting a way round the issues. Our owner put forward the figures that the lack of games and no gate was affecting our club and he was quite happy to stump up the money. Not through fear of relegation, but in the hope of getting promoted.
The top three don’t want to continue, that is not financial that is self interest..
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18520
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Some people are on the pitch

Post by ashman » 30 May 2020, 06:38

Imp around the world wrote:
29 May 2020, 18:04
ashman wrote:
29 May 2020, 17:48
Imp around the world wrote:
29 May 2020, 17:20
And what about if clubs cannot afford to spend the extra hundreds of thousands of pounds it would cost for testing etc to make the whole situation safe?
They are going to have to at some point.
See my answer above.
If they can't then they will simply go to the wall. Listen to Barry Fry on Sky.

https://onefootball.com/en/news/barry-f ... s-30037684
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29958
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by bristleposh » 09 Jun 2020, 16:46

I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 786
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Jun 2020, 18:02

Fergie out!

Total fail
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

Bluemike
Posts: 53
Joined: 09 Jan 2020, 20:04

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by Bluemike » 09 Jun 2020, 18:33

And to rub salt in the wounds, check out University of Reading predicted final table......for what it's now worth.

But on the bright side, we're bound to have Ivan, Mo, Sammie and Siriki chomping at the bit to get us up

Wilco
Posts: 22
Joined: 18 Jan 2020, 09:11

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by Wilco » 09 Jun 2020, 18:52

Gaz_Miller wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 18:02
Fergie out!

Total fail
:lol: bore off

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16547
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by DaveLister » 09 Jun 2020, 20:00

Gaz_Miller wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 18:02
Fergie out!

Total fail
Bored now
Image

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20607
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by tonyp » 09 Jun 2020, 21:09

:stupid: So am I. I really thought we would see this season played out.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20607
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by tonyp » 09 Jun 2020, 23:20

Bluemike wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 18:33

But on the bright side, we're bound to have Ivan, Mo, Sammie and Siriki chomping at the bit to get us up
I definitely wouldn't say we're "bound to have" all of them. Especially Ivan.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18520
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by ashman » 10 Jun 2020, 08:50

Bluemike wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 18:33
And to rub salt in the wounds, check out University of Reading predicted final table......for what it's now worth.

But on the bright side, we're bound to have Ivan, Mo, Sammie and Siriki chomping at the bit to get us up
Ivan will go and Sammy will return to Bristol City. He is 24 now and is at the height of his career. He won't want to be playing at our level for another year. Mo and Siriki will still be here but if we could find a buyer for Mo then that could possibly happen too.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 786
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Jun 2020, 09:49

ashman wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 08:50
Ivan will go and Sammy will return to Bristol City. He is 24 now and is at the height of his career. He won't want to be playing at our level for another year. Mo and Siriki will still be here but if we could find a buyer for Mo then that could possibly happen too.
Siriki could well ask for a transfer too. He wasn't happy keeping the bench warm for over half a season - & I wouldn't blame him at all

Next season could be a struggle unless we recruit really well.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18520
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by ashman » 10 Jun 2020, 10:17

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 09:49
ashman wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 08:50
Ivan will go and Sammy will return to Bristol City. He is 24 now and is at the height of his career. He won't want to be playing at our level for another year. Mo and Siriki will still be here but if we could find a buyer for Mo then that could possibly happen too.
Siriki could well ask for a transfer too. He wasn't happy keeping the bench warm for over half a season - & I wouldn't blame him at all

Next season could be a struggle unless we recruit really well.
Another one who we will probably lose is Josh Knight, one of our most effective midfielders for years, back to Leicester City! :evil:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29958
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by bristleposh » 10 Jun 2020, 12:08

ashman wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 10:17
Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 09:49
ashman wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 08:50
Ivan will go and Sammy will return to Bristol City. He is 24 now and is at the height of his career. He won't want to be playing at our level for another year. Mo and Siriki will still be here but if we could find a buyer for Mo then that could possibly happen too.
Siriki could well ask for a transfer too. He wasn't happy keeping the bench warm for over half a season - & I wouldn't blame him at all

Next season could be a struggle unless we recruit really well.
Another one who we will probably lose is Josh Knight, one of our most effective midfielders for years, back to Leicester City! :evil:
I doubt Brown will hang around
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18520
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by ashman » 10 Jun 2020, 16:11

bristleposh wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 12:08
I doubt Brown will hang around
He is one of the more likely ones to stay and sign a contract. I would like to see him stay. We are very effective when he is playing but if Knight goes we will desperately need to get in another similar tough guy to Josh to allow Brown to play to his abilities.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29958
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by bristleposh » 10 Jun 2020, 16:29

Just a thought but an Akinfenwa penalty in the 95th minute has really come back to bite us in the ass.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

Post Reply