Darragh on Twitter and FB

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Darragh on Twitter and FB

Post by bristleposh » 19 May 2020, 22:55

So much vitriol on here from one set of fans over last few days. Irony is they have no need to be aiming it this way. In time they will realize that. Just a few transparent points to clarify as facts are better than fiction or speculation In the @EFL meeting last week there was no talk of a vote that day, there was no raised voices, nobody laying the law down. Just all clubs having their voices heard regardless of sizes. Talks about current season & future season & issues we all face financially. The appetite for most in tophalf was to play our season out.Majority of other half had no desire to play due to finances which is understandable in current pandemic from their point of view.Ideas were thrown around on how top half can play games to decide fair way to finish Which allowed the clubs not wanting to play to get on with not stressing over contract extensions or financial side of starting up again. EFL Chairman said let's all think about it and come up creative ideas to finish the season. For the top half the financial implications of not playing again in some way versus cost of playing was large with potential refunds on so many things hence importance of hearing both sides of our league and its clubs. I am ok being portrayed as some sort of lone wolf villain but truth is there are more clubs then just me who feel football needs to return for them &everybody involved of course have looked at all options including legal ones as they are large businesses with shareholders & Financial Responsibilities that make it the right and prudent thing to do.There is no one size fits all solution that suits all clubs but compromises could/should be found.We are all 'football' clubs & our product is football & with potential greenlight by Government coming For Football returning Many clubs wanted to get back to playing football in any situation that allows it/in safe professionally advised way.None of this is holding up other clubs planning for future even if Hibernation is their plan. Even if our season finished 2weeks ago There is no set date for new season/details on immediate horizon due to whats going on in the world so this idea of clubs wanting to get on with 'planning' is just not true or feasible. For weeks I have advocated for football to resume when safe to do so but also I have Engaged with EFL directly about ideas on how to raise the funds necessary to help all football clubs through this crisis as after 15 years in the EFL; I don't want to see anymore clubs go under. This is still my main goal regardless of some of the nonsense levied at me Furloughs wont last forever/Football with/without fans will happen as shown in other Countries.Hibernation imo wont be an option for clubs contracted to play football with TV deals in place/contracts with players in place. Our club employs a large number of non footballing staff who are in £18k-£35k per year bracket. One of goals of me/partners is to ensure when furlough ends that we don't lose any of these people because of this crisis. I am a football fan like majority of people on here. If some club fans/forums want to make me out to be the bad guy then have at it but I am football person with a love for our game & worry that without playing football when allowed; then what do we have left? I am thick skinned to take the criticism if fair/balanced or if The views are different from mine. But to accuse me of being greedy is another irony considering in 15 years in football I have not made a pound note from our beautiful game. Some wont admit it; but truth is that you would want me fighting your corner in a crisis & my 'Football' club & its employees have told me to fight for their jobs long term. I will always do that regardless of criticism/public perception. For now I have said my piece & will get on with fighting for 'football' long term. This horrible Virus will be defeated, normality will come back & our beautiful game will be back. Our EFL will find a way to help us through the hard period financially & I long for the days or getting trolled for football results & opinions on transfers. Love to you all 💙
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

tonyp

Re: Darragh on Twitter and FB

Post by tonyp » 20 May 2020, 07:31

I am a football fan like majority of people on here.

Only in my opinion -
He may well be a football fan but he hasn't been a Posh fan for as long as the majority of people on here.
DMac is a very good businessman and I admire him.
He wants the season to be continued because it would be good for business for Posh to get promoted.
I want the season to to be continued so that I can watch Posh play again. And get promoted, of course. But it won't affect my back pocket if we're still in League 1 next season.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 May 2020, 07:46

I'm surprised he said football fan and not soccer fan, he's been in that wilderness so long.

ashman

Post by ashman » 20 May 2020, 10:33

Thanks for the post bristle. He's still living in the past though - 'a pound note!' :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 20 May 2020, 12:00

DMac is unquestionably one of the best things that have happened to Peterborough United certainly this century and probably since 1934.

He is a businessman, who has run the club to a clear business model ever since he joined. We have all had the best prolonged series of seasons that I can remember clearly. We have had excitement, promotions, sadness, disappointments but generally we have been a stable club who have never seriously looked like going down from the third division ever since we got there, nor ever of going bust. And we have scored loads of goals

He has been far more open about his thoughts for his club Posh, than practically any other chairman in british football. This website has in the past accused him of lining his own pockets. I have never been at all clear that that has happened.
He has had a reputation by rumour of having had some questionable business practices. But I have never fully understood the validity of such rumours. I trust him far more than many other people I have posted about

The day he decides to move on from Posh will be a day that I will rue

Best wishes to DMAC and thanks for the memories

ashman

Post by ashman » 20 May 2020, 14:05

trevormans wrote:
20 May 2020, 12:00
DMac is unquestionably one of the best things that have happened to Peterborough United certainly this century and probably since 1934.

He is a businessman, who has run the club to a clear business model ever since he joined. We have all had the best prolonged series of seasons that I can remember clearly. We have had excitement, promotions, sadness, disappointments but generally we have been a stable club who have never seriously looked like going down from the third division ever since we got there, nor ever of going bust. And we have scored loads of goals

He has been far more open about his thoughts for his club Posh, than practically any other chairman in british football. This website has in the past accused him of lining his own pockets. I have never been at all clear that that has happened.
He has had a reputation by rumour of having had some questionable business practices. But I have never fully understood the validity of such rumours. I trust him far more than many other people I have posted about

Spot on trevormans. The only statement I would take issue with is that it has not been this site that has said he is lining his own pockets. This maybe the case of some on Facebook or .net.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 May 2020, 14:22

ashman wrote:
20 May 2020, 14:05
trevormans wrote:

Spot on trevormans. The only statement I would take issue with is that it has not been this site that has said he is lining his own pockets. This maybe the case of some on Facebook or .net.
....and Twitter but a lot of those are trolls from other clubs

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 20 May 2020, 19:20

I seriously despair when I hear people being critical about DMac at our club. If those critics feel they know some other person who would have done a better job starting in 2006, then I'm sure this is the right thread to list them.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 20 May 2020, 20:23

ashman wrote:
20 May 2020, 10:33
Thanks for the post bristle. He's still living in the past though - 'a pound note!' :roll:
He's definitely not living in the past. He is living in the present and thinking very much of the future.
DMac certainly goes along with Albert Einstein - Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 20 May 2020, 20:31

trevormans wrote:
DMac is unquestionably one of the best things that have happened to Peterborough United
Yes. :clap2:
He has been far more open about his thoughts for his club Posh, than practically any other chairman in british football.
This website has in the past accused him of lining his own pockets.
Rubbish.
He has had a reputation by rumour of having had some questionable business practices.
Don't listen to rumours.
Best wishes to DMAC and thanks for the memories - so far. Long may it continue.