Bolton v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16511
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Bolton v Posh

Post by DaveLister » 14 Mar 2020, 21:57

bristleposh wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 14:46
Even Evans couldn’t lose that one
He'd still blame one of his players for not scoring and get sent off for complaining about not getting a penalty
Image

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20512
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Bolton v Posh

Post by tonyp » 14 Mar 2020, 22:27

DaveLister wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 21:57
bristleposh wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 14:46
Even Evans couldn’t lose that one
He'd still blame one of his players for not scoring and get sent off for complaining about not getting a penalty
Surely even you would have been happy if the games on Saturday had gone the way the Pools Panel predicted.
Evans' boys held Fleetwood to a draw. Another two points Fleetwood would have dropped.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

stumpy
Posts: 45
Joined: 01 Feb 2020, 15:52

Re: Bolton v Posh

Post by stumpy » 15 Mar 2020, 00:23

Evans would have had this squad promoted before March. How he has managed to get Gillingham to 11th is truly to be respected....

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18364
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Bolton v Posh

Post by ashman » 15 Mar 2020, 08:59

stumpy wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 00:23
Evans would have had this squad promoted before March. How he has managed to get Gillingham to 11th is truly to be respected....
Matter of opinion, to which a few only would agree.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20512
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Bolton v Posh

Post by tonyp » 15 Mar 2020, 10:06

ashman wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 08:59
stumpy wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 00:23
Evans would have had this squad promoted before March. How he has managed to get Gillingham to 11th is truly to be respected....
Matter of opinion, to which a few only would agree.
One to be precise.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

stumpy
Posts: 45
Joined: 01 Feb 2020, 15:52

Re: Bolton v Posh

Post by stumpy » 01 Apr 2020, 19:25

Whatever the opinion on whether Evans would have done better with this squad, his performance at Gillingham is beyond debate - he is probably up there for the real League 1 manager of the season along with Mark Robins....

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18364
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Bolton v Posh

Post by ashman » 02 Apr 2020, 07:30

stumpy wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 19:25
Whatever the opinion on whether Evans would have done better with this squad, his performance at Gillingham is beyond debate - he is probably up there for the real League 1 manager of the season along with Mark Robins....
.... again it's a matter of opinion, to which only a few would agree. (or as Tony says 'One to be precise.') :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20512
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Bolton v Posh

Post by tonyp » 02 Apr 2020, 08:20

ashman wrote:
02 Apr 2020, 07:30
stumpy wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 19:25
Whatever the opinion on whether Evans would have done better with this squad, his performance at Gillingham is beyond debate - he is probably up there for the real League 1 manager of the season along with Mark Robins....
.... again it's a matter of opinion, to which only a few would agree. (or as Tony says 'One to be precise.') :wink:
Quite right. "League 1 manager of the season" is definitely not "beyond debate"
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

stumpy
Posts: 45
Joined: 01 Feb 2020, 15:52

Re: Bolton v Posh

Post by stumpy » 02 Apr 2020, 22:16

Agree with that but what a great job he has done there...same with Wycombe and Coventry playing home games at Birmingham...making lots out of nothing...on the other hand.....

Post Reply