BURTON ALBION v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Bluemike

Re: BURTON ALBION v POSH

Post by Bluemike » 29 Feb 2020, 21:59

Grandson went for Taylor. Szmodics needs Ivan back. Him and Mo didn't work today.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 01 Mar 2020, 17:13

Very poor result.

Now out of the play-offs & automatics looking a long way off.

Simply not good enough with a squad like ours in a very average League One.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Mar 2020, 19:12

For me it was a very enjoyable day out, apart from the cold, seeing lots of old friends, who I don’t get to see that often. It was nice to see Blake-Tracey back in the side, and he and Thompson kept the very average captain out of too much trouble. Some of the decisions from the near side lines woman (despite her nice bum) seemed a bit ropey. There were several occasions when the ball down the left flank appeared from my view to be blatantly offside. Toney has been sorely missed especially his defensive prowess at corners. Maybe as someone on the other board :wink: :wink: suggesting that Tasdemir could have been brought in to replace Toney, as he is bigger and stronger than Eisa, Kanu or R-J J. For me I’d have replaced Eisa with Knight moved Taylor forward and played Szmodics as a false number nine.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 01 Mar 2020, 20:11

Yep, good to see you Nick and Gary. That wind was VERY cold.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 Mar 2020, 21:48

bristleposh wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 19:12
Toney has been sorely missed especially his defensive prowess at corners. Maybe as someone on the other board :wink: :wink: suggesting that Tasdemir could have been brought in to replace Toney, as he is bigger and stronger than Eisa, Kanu or R-J J. For me I’d have replaced Eisa with Knight moved Taylor forward and played Szmodics as a false number nine.
I suggested Tas to simply replace Toney in a simple swap, no need to shuffle the rest of the team about because they have been doing really well. It, of course, went down like a lead balloon on there!
As has already been said, it was so cold, probably the worst yet this season. :cry:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 02 Mar 2020, 14:52

Fergie, unlike those still obsessed with LDSL and Marcus Maddison @Hull, was not happy at two dropped points yesterday...we should be more concerned that our championship level squad is outside the play-offs right now....meanwhile Leo and Marcus are playing in the championship

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 02 Mar 2020, 15:18

stumpy wrote:
02 Mar 2020, 14:52
Fergie, unlike those still obsessed with LDSL and Marcus Maddison @Hull, was not happy at two dropped points yesterday...we should be more concerned that our championship level squad is outside the play-offs right now....meanwhile Leo and Marcus are playing in the championship
Leave them to it. It's hysterical.

Meanwhile, talking Posh, you are correct, Fergie was quite rightly unhappy....again. Still, the buck stops with him, and I'm guessing he knows he's underachieving with such an expensive squad in a very average league.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill