Recent form

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Recent form

Post by stumpy » 10 Feb 2020, 22:17

The recent 5 out of 5 wins that coincided with the arrival of Brown, Szmodics and Taylor (and the departure of Maddison) as well as the long awaited decision to ditch the dreadful 1980’s diamond formation has me wondering why it took so long for the manager to change things. One explanation doing the rounds is that we didn’t have the players to fit into the current system - that’s hogwash...

Dembele was available day one, Maddison was playing behind the front two and Ward, Mason, Bennett have been available all season. If Woodyard and Reed were played as Taylor and Brown currently are, instead of Woodyard on the right of a diamond and Reed alone at the base, I think we would be in a position similar to Liverpool in terms of points ahead...I fully accept that Brown and Taylor are better than Woodyard and Reed but darren’s diamond was the real problem and many fans saw it way earlier than the manager did

bristleposh

Re: Recent form

Post by bristleposh » 10 Feb 2020, 23:12

Yes
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Feb 2020, 10:22

stumpy wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 22:17
The recent 5 out of 5 wins that coincided with the arrival of Brown, Szmodics and Taylor (and the departure of Maddison) as well as the long awaited decision to ditch the dreadful 1980’s diamond formation has me wondering why it took so long for the manager to change things. One explanation doing the rounds is that we didn’t have the players to fit into the current system - that’s hogwash...

Dembele was available day one, Maddison was playing behind the front two and Ward, Mason, Bennett have been available all season. If Woodyard and Reed were played as Taylor and Brown currently are, instead of Woodyard on the right of a diamond and Reed alone at the base, I think we would be in a position similar to Liverpool in terms of points ahead...I fully accept that Brown and Taylor are better than Woodyard and Reed but darren’s diamond was the real problem and many fans saw it way earlier than the manager did
Don't come on here with common sense postings like that.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

Wilco

Post by Wilco » 11 Feb 2020, 20:21

Like a dog with a bone.

Lester Bangs

Post by Lester Bangs » 13 Feb 2020, 10:08

Recent form needs a few more wins before it becomes class.
The ultimate sin of any performer is contempt for the audience.

OBM

Post by OBM » 13 Feb 2020, 11:36

stumpy wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 22:17

Don't rock the boat, the waters freezing. But yes!

Lester Bangs

Post by Lester Bangs » 13 Feb 2020, 12:18

It's blindingly obvious really. But sniping at a change being made is very churlish given the transformation afterwards and where we now are.

And it's an insult to the impact Sammie Szmodics has made in quick order. A genuine team player and a first class person.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Feb 2020, 14:51

Lester Bangs wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 12:18
It's blindingly obvious really. But sniping at a change being made is very churlish given the transformation afterwards and where we now are.

And it's an insult to the impact Sammie Szmodics has made in quick order. A genuine team player and a first class person.
Just out of interest, my grandson who has a season ticket at Ashton Gate reckons SS was their worst ever player.

Lester Bangs

Post by Lester Bangs » 13 Feb 2020, 14:54

Some twenty minutes that must have been.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Feb 2020, 14:59

Lester Bangs wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 14:54
Some twenty minutes that must have been.
True but I assume Lee Johnson must have felt the same way

Lester Bangs

Post by Lester Bangs » 13 Feb 2020, 15:02

He's got an entire squad out on loan.

I dread to think how much Stephen Lansdown is pouring into them.

I doubt Trevor Tainton and Gerry Sweeney waiving their contracts will be enough to save them if it goes belly up again.

By the way, I sometimes see the Lansdown HQ if I am sent to our Bristol office for a couple of days. I haven't seen so much plate glass since Ted Moult was telling us to fit the best

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 14 Feb 2020, 19:57

bristleposh wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 14:51
Lester Bangs wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 12:18

Just out of interest, my grandson who has a season ticket at Ashton Gate reckons SS was their worst ever player.
Your Grandson appears to know as much about football as you do Brizzle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Feb 2020, 23:19

Lester Bangs wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 15:02
He's got an entire squad out on loan.

I dread to think how much Stephen Lansdown is pouring into them.

I doubt Trevor Tainton and Gerry Sweeney waiving their contracts will be enough to save them if it goes belly up again.

By the way, I sometimes see the Lansdown HQ if I am sent to our Bristol office for a couple of days. I haven't seen so much plate glass since Ted Moult was telling us to fit the best
If you are in your Bristol office sometimes perhaps we can have a swift one in town somewhere