REFEREE: CARL BOYESON

ASSISTANT REFEREES:
Conor Farrell and Stephen Finch

Fourth Official: Paul Hobday
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller

Re: POSH v SOUTHEND

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Feb 2020, 11:46

Working away, so this will be an iFollow for me tonight.

Yet another MUST win game to keep the pressure on. Apart from Coverntry v Portsmouth, you would expect every other top team to win tonight. We can't be the one who slips up.
I have no internet friends

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Feb 2020, 12:03

True again
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 11 Feb 2020, 22:44

Another very professional performance against an absolutely awful Southend side... :clap:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Feb 2020, 22:50

They were absolute trash & I think if we'd scored in the first fifteen minutes it would have been a cricket score.

How the hell we cope without Toney now I just don't know.

Two MASSIVE games coming up.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Feb 2020, 22:55

4-0 up to second, that works for me, Toney was booked for a ridiculous rush of blood, it was as silly as Dembélé’s head but v Lincoln
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 11 Feb 2020, 23:39

Tentative 1st half. Grandson looked worriedly at me at half time. He picked (at age 10) Taylor as best player. Can't argue with him.

Anybody else think that Ivans yellow was planned so he's back ready for run in?

ashman

Post by ashman » 12 Feb 2020, 00:13

Bluemike wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 23:39
Tentative 1st half. Grandson looked worriedly at me at half time. He picked (at age 10) Taylor as best player. Can't argue with him.

I reckon that you are not too far wrong on the Toney booking. He should be back for the Portsmouth game and the rest of the run-in. We hopefully should be able to take care of both Fleetwood and Burton without him.
I think that Fergie frightened them out of playing how we have been by over inflating the Southend threat. We should have really gone at the them right from the start. There was too much of the sideward/backward passing going on in the first half. In the second half we took the game to them, kept the ball on the ground and passed it much more effectively.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 12 Feb 2020, 11:13

Bluemike wrote:

The booking looked very conspicuous. A little nudge off the ball was always going to be a yellow and no more.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 12 Feb 2020, 12:22

ashman wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 00:13
Bluemike wrote:

I reckon that you are not too far wrong on the Toney booking. He should be back for the Portsmouth game and the rest of the run-in. We hopefully should be able to take care of both Fleetwood and Burton without him.
I think that Fergie frightened them out of playing how we have been by over inflating the Southend threat. We should have really gone at the them right from the start. There was too much of the sideward/backward passing going on in the first half. In the second half we took the game to them, kept the ball on the ground and passed it much more effectively.

I doubt that a first-half booking with the game goalless was pre-planned for Toney, given that he was subsequently vulnerable to a second yellow.

Fleetwood -- one of five teams which can overtake us if they win their games in hand -- are unbeaten in six games, so on their home ground in adverse weather conditions they are likely to pose a stern challenge. Red cards for Ched Evans and manager Barton at Wycombe last night won't have helped their cause.