IPSWICH TOWN v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

thediceman

Re: IPSWICH TOWN v POSH

Post by thediceman » 01 Feb 2020, 22:08

Gaz_Miller wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 22:29
That's not good enough Diceman & the club should apologise to you.

It's been so long since I set up my online account that I can't remember the process. However, if you want tickets you should be able to buy tickets.
I won't hold out to much hope for any apology. Interesting the automated email response states they aim to give a response within 24 hours. 11 days later I am still waiting.

I tried my luck in the Station pub to see if anyone had a spare ticket and again at the turnstiles just before kick off but had no joy so ended up with the home fans. I managed to sit calmly for the first 2 goals but when we went 3-0 up I couldn't hide the fact I was a happy man. Lucky for me the Ipswich fans were so depressed at their teams performance that they didn't react.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Feb 2020, 23:14

I can’t believe an adult would wait until the last minute and then blame the club, has nobody heard of telephones or Twitter, I once had a problem tweeted Phil Adlam, and my problem was sorted in minutes. Phone the club, tweet the club, it’s not rocket science.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

ashman

Post by ashman » 02 Feb 2020, 05:19

bristleposh wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 23:14
I can’t believe an adult would wait until the last minute and then blame the club, has nobody heard of telephones or Twitter, I once had a problem tweeted Phil Adlam, and my problem was sorted in minutes. Phone the club, tweet the club, it’s not rocket science.
Chris Brewer is probably an even better person to contact concerning ticket allocation.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Feb 2020, 10:24

ashman wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 05:19
bristleposh wrote:
Chris Brewer is probably an even better person to contact concerning ticket allocation.
This is correct, I couldn't remember his name, but I started my inquiry through Phil on Twitter

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 02 Feb 2020, 16:20

bristleposh wrote:
To be fair to him Bristle, DC did try to resolve the issue as early as last Wednesday

ashman

Post by ashman » 02 Feb 2020, 19:46

DaveLister wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 16:20
bristleposh wrote:
To be fair to him Bristle, DC did try to resolve the issue as early as last Wednesday
Maybe he did try by email but if I was him I would Tweet and phone both Chris Brewer and Phil Adlam. He would have got a response for sure!

thediceman

Post by thediceman » 02 Feb 2020, 19:52

bristleposh wrote:
Wow, thank you for you comments bristle posh, I can't believe an adult can be so stupid, if only they could read. Let me make things clear to you, I am fully aware that I could have phoned the club to try and rectify the problem and even made reference to that fact in my first post. If I really was desperate to have wanted an away ticket I would have taken this action. I had other options, that being sitting with Ipswich friends in the home end if I was unable to get an away ticket and that's what ultimately choose to do. You state I blame the club, I state I merely reported my experience. I tried to get a ticket, their online process did not work and they failed to respond an email which is not great customer service especially as they state they aim to respond within 24 hours. In a service industry a company i.e. in this case PUFC should look to run a process that works and it's not for potential customers to have to go to additional effort to make up for their errors. Is that ok with you bristle posh ???, maybe I should have contacted you as you seem to know what's best.

p.s. bristle posh, thank you the reminder for why I stopped posting on this forum and why it only has about half a dozen regular posters.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Feb 2020, 20:11

thediceman wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 19:52
bristleposh wrote:
Wow, thank you for you comments bristle posh, I can't believe an adult can be so stupid, if only they could read. Let me make things clear to you, I am fully aware that I could have phoned the club to try and rectify the problem and even made reference to that fact in my first post. If I really was desperate to have wanted an away ticket I would have taken this action. I had other options, that being sitting with Ipswich friends in the home end if I was unable to get an away ticket and that's what ultimately choose to do. You state I blame the club, I state I merely reported my experience. I tried to get a ticket, their online process did not work and they failed to respond an email which is not great customer service especially as they state they aim to respond within 24 hours. In a service industry a company i.e. in this case PUFC should look to run a process that works and it's not for potential customers to have to go to additional effort to make up for their errors. Is that ok with you bristle posh ???, maybe I should have contacted you as you seem to know what's best.

p.s. bristle posh, thank you the reminder for why I stopped posting on this forum and why it only has about half a dozen regular posters.
Toys, pray, thrown out. Ticketing I believe is done by Ticketmaster, Therein lies the problem, that company makes a complete cock of everything they touch. I merely pointed out what I would have done, you obviously know better than me. My problem was solved how did yours go again. Sorry if my tone offended you. Were you aware that people go on Twitter and Facebook asking when tickets will go sale, and what time kick off is, how much will tickets be, what time the trains are. I just get annoyed when people ask banal questions that can easily be sourced on t’internet, instead of sharing their ignorance with groups like that. My problems with my mood are caused by others you obviously got the rough end of my gin binge, sorry.

ashman

Post by ashman » 02 Feb 2020, 20:27

bristleposh wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 20:16
The difference between today and several games earlier in the season like Wycombe away and Ipswich at home, is that when we were leading we defended in their half of the pitch I don’t know the stats today but in injury time, I think we had something like 90% possession and all in their half. Back in the bleak days of the diamond, and trying to play with only eight outfield players who could defend we let teams come onto us and pressurise even when we were winning. I think the failures of Eisa and Maddison to defend in the opposition half contributed to a lot of our dropped points. Watching Szmodics, Dembele and Toney closing down the Ipswich defence was a joy and even contributed to our second goal.
I think the modern word for this is the 'press!'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Feb 2020, 20:30

ashman wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 20:27
bristleposh wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 20:16
The difference between today and several games earlier in the season like Wycombe away and Ipswich at home, is that when we were leading we defended in their half of the pitch I don’t know the stats today but in injury time, I think we had something like 90% possession and all in their half. Back in the bleak days of the diamond, and trying to play with only eight outfield players who could defend we let teams come onto us and pressurise even when we were winning. I think the failures of Eisa and Maddison to defend in the opposition half contributed to a lot of our dropped points. Watching Szmodics, Dembele and Toney closing down the Ipswich defence was a joy and even contributed to our second goal.
I think the modern word for this is the 'press!'
It is indeed, my wife does the ironing in our house

thediceman

Post by thediceman » 02 Feb 2020, 20:41

You ended with an apology but how sincere is it when you start with "toys, pray, thrown out".

I am aware of the number things I could have done to rectify the issue, if I wanted to and don't need the smug inference that I don't know what to do. Yes I am an adult and yes I do know how to use a phone and twitter, even though I do question the psychopathy of many of the people who use twitter. As previously stated I had an alternative option and I eventually decided to do one rather then taking up my time chasing the club up this issue. Sorry but I had other priorities such as I'm working on a start up business, working with venture capitalists, managing my overseas company, doing my tax return, among other things. Sorry but chasing PUFC about their failing operating system hasn't been a priority of mine over the last couple of weeks. As for it being a third parties operating system (Tickmaster) being the issue is not for me to give consideration to, that is for PUFC to be concerned about as they have employed them and it is in their interests for it to work. I thought it would be helpful for them to know if there was any issues but sorry if the format I choose to use was not acceptable to you bristleposh.

thediceman

Post by thediceman » 02 Feb 2020, 20:45

bristleposh wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 20:11
My problem was solved how did yours go again.
Fine thanks. Got to see the game and enjoyed it. Only issue has been some smug individual inferring that I'm incapable of resolving a problem and that I just like to complain instead. Never mind, I guess that says more about them than me. :roll:
Last edited by thediceman on 02 Feb 2020, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Feb 2020, 20:51

You seem far more advanced than me, cleverer than me for sure and heading in a direction that will certainly make your dreams come true compared to the nightmares that have dogged my life. I try but I’m just a shi t person. I blame the gin and my laziness

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 02 Feb 2020, 23:18

Well done bristleposh. That's two forum members in less than a week. Cut down or do your posts in the mornings mate.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Feb 2020, 09:23

Bluemike wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 23:18
Well done bristleposh. That's two forum members in less than a week. Cut down or do your posts in the mornings mate.
There is far too much truth in that, however, I had a dry day yesterday and still feel that I posted my fair share of bollox