IPSWICH TOWN v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

IPSWICH TOWN v POSH

Post by Gaz_Miller » 29 Jan 2020, 15:13

Anybody know if this is all ticket or can you pay on the day?
I have no internet friends

Gaz_Miller

Re: IPSWICH TOWN v POSH

Post by Gaz_Miller » 29 Jan 2020, 15:20

Just seen on ET that we have sold out. Surely we will get further allocation?

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... ft-1379087

EDIT: Phoned club & we're getting no more. Just under 2,000 allocation. I bought two. Only handful left

thediceman

Post by thediceman » 30 Jan 2020, 20:37

Looks like I'm going to have to sit with the home fans and try not to react to much when we score. I did create an account on the POSH site last Wednesday to purchase a ticket online but after I selected a ticket and tried to purchase it wouldn't allow me to proceed stating I needed an account number. FAQ's wasn't any help so I sent the club an email but after 7 days they still haven't replied. What should be a simply process was anything but. Is it any surprise that some people don't go to games when it's hard for them to purchase tickets. I know you can phone or pay on the day but it's annoying that someone gets penalised by having to pay more due to the clubs failing online system. NOT IMPRESSED :evil:

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 30 Jan 2020, 22:13

No tickets available on the gate as per E.T.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 30 Jan 2020, 22:29

thediceman wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 20:37
Looks like I'm going to have to sit with the home fans and try not to react to much when we score. I did create an account on the POSH site last Wednesday to purchase a ticket online but after I selected a ticket and tried to purchase it wouldn't allow me to proceed stating I needed an account number. FAQ's wasn't any help so I sent the club an email but after 7 days they still haven't replied. What should be a simply process was anything but. Is it any surprise that some people don't go to games when it's hard for them to purchase tickets. I know you can phone or pay on the day but it's annoying that someone gets penalised by having to pay more due to the clubs failing online system. NOT IMPRESSED :evil:
That's not good enough Diceman & the club should apologise to you.

It's been so long since I set up my online account that I can't remember the process. However, if you want tickets you should be able to buy tickets.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Feb 2020, 15:06

Pleased to announce team and bench unchanged

:clap: :clap2: :clap:
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 01 Feb 2020, 15:56

Pleased to join this forum after leaving the tedious and hypocritical students over on the other site. Watching from New York on iFollow...come on Posh :clap: :clap: :clap:

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 01 Feb 2020, 17:01

Excellent first half against an admittedly poor Ipswich showing what a poor league it is this season. If we had ditched the diamond 3 months ago, we'd be top ....expect Ipswich to go 100mph second half but fancy us on the break ... :clap2:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 01 Feb 2020, 17:36

stumpy wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 15:56
Pleased to join this forum after leaving the tedious and hypocritical students over on the other site. Watching from New York on iFollow...come on Posh :clap: :clap: :clap:
And a nice welcome present from Portman Road :clap:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 01 Feb 2020, 17:40

Penalty Ipswich......... 1-4 Posh

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 01 Feb 2020, 18:00

That was an excellent performance - Ipswich remarkably poor but we look very good. If we had ditched the diamond earlier in the season, we'd be in a position similar to Liverpool right now...Well played Posh

ontheup

Post by ontheup » 01 Feb 2020, 18:17

For me the signing of the 3 new players has made a great improvement,we now have a midfield that can compete and we have still got the best striker in leaugue 1 who does the work of two players,

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 01 Feb 2020, 19:17

Fantastic result, we must be Ipswichs bogey team :clap:

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 01 Feb 2020, 19:51

There is no doubt that adding the two championship players in Szmodics and Brown coupled with the £500,000 - £1,000,000 Taylor has created a midfield that is very good indeed. With Dembele looking very, very dangerous alongside Toney, we look dangerous every time we go forward :clap:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Feb 2020, 20:16

The difference between today and several games earlier in the season like Wycombe away and Ipswich at home, is that when we were leading we defended in their half of the pitch I don’t know the stats today but in injury time, I think we had something like 90% possession and all in their half. Back in the bleak days of the diamond, and trying to play with only eight outfield players who could defend we let teams come onto us and pressurise even when we were winning. I think the failures of Eisa and Maddison to defend in the opposition half contributed to a lot of our dropped points. Watching Szmodics, Dembele and Toney closing down the Ipswich defence was a joy and even contributed to our second goal.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid