REFEREE: ANTHONY BACKHOUSE

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Billy Smallwood and Kevin Mulraine

Fourth Official: Samuel Barrott
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Re: POSH v ACCRINGTON STANLEY

Post by bristleposh » 28 Jan 2020, 20:15

Unchanged thank goodness, I feared reverting to the diamond
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 29 Jan 2020, 00:05

Gosh, did we have a game tonight, oh yes we won, so all the doom merchants don’t want to comment. 0-2 away from home, 7psw1ch next up
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Steamy Nin 2

Post by Steamy Nin 2 » 29 Jan 2020, 00:21

bristleposh wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 00:05
Gosh, did we have a game tonight, oh yes we won, so all the doom merchants don’t want to comment. 0-2 away from home, 7psw1ch next up
Your right fella, a great win away, 3rd win on the bounce, 4th in the league and it seems nobody gives a F***.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 29 Jan 2020, 09:51

Brilliant win. Tuesday night, cold, horrible ground, nobody there - just how promotion is won.
I have no internet friends

ashman

Post by ashman » 29 Jan 2020, 10:41

Fantastic win to make it three in three. So very cold with a very long journey because of an accident on the A1. Less than an hour in The Crown however, but it is always a very hospitable pub, good beer and pleasant staff. Just as we were leaving for the game we were offered a 'pie for a pound.' Very enterprising landlord trying to at least shift his few remaining pies!

So many good performances as we have come to expect over recent weeks.

Pym - faultless, hardly anything to do but his distribution and kicking are becoming a major part of his game.
Beevers - good in the air and he is kicking out the minor disasters in his game.
Kent - wow, what a performance by the lad. He is going to score a spectacular goal one of these days, advancing from deep positions and driving accurate, hard driven attempts at goal. Won every header and a total MOTM display.
Thompson - ever improving, along with his fitness. Hardly wastes a ball with accurate passing and is a fearsome tackler and header of the ball. Superb.
Ward - this formation seems to suit him and he must be congratulated on his 'easy' goal and a hundred appearances for the Posh.
Butler - wingback is a much better position for him rather than as a full back. Improved.
Taylor - have we found a top player or what? Can drop deep or play further forward at will and is looking a very classy player.
Brown - another really good recent acquisition by the manager. Fergie will have a very difficult decision to make when Knight is fully fit. I can see them both getting the nod, depending on what sort of a game we can expect to face. Both are tremendous passers of the ball, Knight being a bit more physical but to exclude Brown would be a folly!
Toney - nothing more can be said about this player that hasn't already been said! What a snip - well done Fergie, DMac, Barry and anyone else involved with this signing.
Dembele - looks like a new signing for us. I noticed he actually looked up a couple of times last night! and his speed of leaving three players in his wake and laying on the perfect ball for Szmodics to score the first goal was superb. He seems to have found an ally in Sammy as he provided another chance for him later in the game.
Szmodics - another find that seems to have driven this all round improvement of the team forward. The lad never stops running and is a very natural goal scorer. Two in two for him!

Subs:
Mason (for Thompson) - slotted in to the middle three where he reads the game so well. He is a very good squad player.
Knight (for Szmodics) - obviously not fully fit but puts extra steel in the midfield.
Jones (for Dembele) - quick, as we know, but not really ready for the roughness of League One just yet.
Fergie - Good substituting by the boss getting use out of his squad by replacing returning, but not completely match fit players, Mason, Knight and Dembele.
Referee: missed a few decisions for both sides but in general was one of the better ones we have had this season.
Fans: Top notch effort.
Weather: bloody awful, with a hail stone shower topping it all off!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 29 Jan 2020, 11:13

ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 10:41
Toney - nothing more can be said about this player that hasn't already been said! What a snip - well done Fergie, DMac, Barry and anyone else involved with this signing.
That'll be Steve Evans then - the actual manager who signed him.

ashman

Post by ashman » 29 Jan 2020, 12:02

Gaz_Miller wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 11:13
ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 10:41
That'll be Steve Evans then - the actual manager who signed him.
.... or if you believe others it was DMac and Barry!

Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 » 29 Jan 2020, 12:18

I think Fergie found the good system for his players : 3-4-1-2. However we lose Eisa on attack. But the work make by Dembele is very good. We have a good bench too. Knight will be back soon and that will be hard for Fergie to make his XI starting line-up.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 29 Jan 2020, 15:11

ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 12:02
So, let me get this straight.

Good signings = Darragh & Barry

Bad signings = Evans

Nothing like an agenda - it's just like mumsnet

ashman

Post by ashman » 29 Jan 2020, 18:36

Gaz_Miller wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 15:11
ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 12:02
So, let me get this straight.
Good signings = Darragh & Barry
Bad signings = Evans
Nothing like an agenda - it's just like mumsnet
I said "if you believe others!"
So no agenda from me, unlike your agenda of blowing smoke up Steve Evan's posterior! Accept it, he's gone!

KIP please!

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 30 Jan 2020, 21:31

If I choose to 'believe others', the earth is flat.

Denying credit to Evans for the Toney signing is one thing; diverting that credit to ‘Fergie’, who presumably had nothing to do with the deal, is something else. I expect that after the sales of Godden and, eventually, Toney, the club will show a healthy profit. I’m less sanguine that we’ll get our money back on Eisa; maybe Evans signed him.