Ivan Toney

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16451
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by DaveLister » 29 Jan 2020, 15:56

ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 09:38
DaveLister wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 09:19
White G wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 20:03
The boy has real ability but we have to take the money being talked about here. It's crazy money & the ceiling for League One players can't be much higher than that. He isn't the finished article and we need to realise how much such a sum could do for us.
Good post, Whitey
Disagree here. If he is worth these phenomenal amounts of money right now, he will still be worth loads come the end of the season. Just think what he would be worth if we happen to achieve promotion to the Championship, with his help. If we do then he is just the sort of player that we will need to keep us there or he will go for even more than is being talked about now.
Certainly ashman, but I believe if a concrete £10 million bid came in from Bristol City and they could prove they had the funds, Dmac would sell faster than you could say Mo Eisa.

Besides, if Szmodics signed on a permanent deal a front three of he, Eisa and Jones has goals in it, but imo a lot depends on the midfield behind it.
Image

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18172
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by ashman » 29 Jan 2020, 18:41

DaveLister wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 15:56
Certainly ashman, but I believe if a concrete £10 million bid came in from Bristol City and they could prove they had the funds, Dmac would sell faster than you could say Mo Eisa.
Besides, if Szmodics signed on a permanent deal a front three of he, Eisa and Jones has goals in it, but imo a lot depends on the midfield behind it.
No way will Szmodics be allowed to leave Bristol City. They have already made that point painfully clear - pity though!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29219
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by bristleposh » 29 Jan 2020, 21:18

ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 18:41
DaveLister wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 15:56
Certainly ashman, but I believe if a concrete £10 million bid came in from Bristol City and they could prove they had the funds, Dmac would sell faster than you could say Mo Eisa.
Besides, if Szmodics signed on a permanent deal a front three of he, Eisa and Jones has goals in it, but imo a lot depends on the midfield behind it.
No way will Szmodics be allowed to leave Bristol City. They have already made that point painfully clear - pity though!
If BC are the latest team to be interested in Marcus, as hinted at on SSN just before 8 this evening, perhaps he can get a deal done with SS coming our way. As you know I was never the magics biggest fan, if we came through with Szmodics I’d be elated.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

HantsPosh
Posts: 470
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by HantsPosh » 30 Jan 2020, 15:27

Sorry Bristle but there's no comparison between Maddison's 5.5 years with us & Szmodics 4 games, Chapman, Cummings, O'Hara etc looked world beaters after 4 games..........

Whilst on the subject of MM, once he leaves am I right in thinking Conor O'Malley is our longest serving player at just over 2 years??

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29219
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by bristleposh » 30 Jan 2020, 15:39

HantsPosh wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 15:27
Sorry Bristle but there's no comparison between Maddison's 5.5 years with us & Szmodics 4 games, Chapman, Cummings, O'Hara etc looked world beaters after 4 games..........

Whilst on the subject of MM, once he leaves am I right in thinking Conor O'Malley is our longest serving player at just over 2 years??
Most of that five and half years he spent rolling around on the field feigning injury.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

HantsPosh
Posts: 470
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by HantsPosh » 30 Jan 2020, 16:33

...................and the rest of the time carrying the team and setting up countless goals for Washington, Toney, Marriott & Eisa to name but a few

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29219
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by bristleposh » 30 Jan 2020, 16:57

HantsPosh wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 16:33
...................and the rest of the time carrying the team and setting up countless goals for Washington, Toney, Marriott & Eisa to name but a few
He most certainly did, such a shame his value will be forever tarnished by his Dr Jekyll side.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 552
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by Gaz_Miller » 30 Jan 2020, 18:24

bristleposh wrote:
30 Jan 2020, 16:57

He most certainly did, such a shame his value will be forever tarnished by his Dr Jekyll side.
Only by those who don't understand.

We have quite a few of those following Posh.
I have no internet friends

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1898
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by White G » 30 Jan 2020, 22:40

DaveLister wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 09:19
White G wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 20:03
The boy has real ability but we have to take the money being talked about here. It's crazy money & the ceiling for League One players can't be much higher than that. He isn't the finished article and we need to realise how much such a sum could do for us.
Good post, Whitey
Thanks Dave,😁

User avatar
Lester Bangs
Posts: 29
Joined: 13 Feb 2020, 09:42
Location: P-Town

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by Lester Bangs » 14 Feb 2020, 13:36

Gaz_Miller wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 11:52
ashman wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 09:32
Even the largest clubs of the world are 'selling clubs.'
So have you asked yourself that question and what is the answer?
I've been going for forty-nine years & kind of accepted it.

However, with the current set up, I believe the three owners have the most ambition than any previous owners during the past five decades. If they start selling the prize assets too then I will have to have a rethink.

The problem is barely 6000 fans for most matches.

If the owners are speculating to accumulate, they are doing a lot more to sustain the club than those who are only turning up for the big matches.

I've been watching Posh since the Peter Morris days and know that it could be far worse than investing in a gem, cutting it, polishing it, showing it off and selling it.

Try doing that with players like Neil Firm.
The ultimate sin of any performer is contempt for the audience.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16451
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Ivan Toney

Post by DaveLister » 14 Feb 2020, 14:09

Is the correct answer Lester.

We're not Liverpool, who can resist a £100 million offer for Mo Salah.
Image

Post Reply