Magic Marcus

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: Magic Marcus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 17 Jan 2020, 10:53

JohnC wrote:
17 Jan 2020, 00:46
Toney and Godden were Evans signings, I believe, as were Reed and Dembele. Chapman as a L2 ‘Golden Glove’ award-winner and Woodyard as Player of the Season for up-and-coming Lincoln City seemed exactly the sort of signing we ought to be making. Daniel, Cooke and others didn’t make the grade, but we’ve had managers who perceived competence in Joe Gormley, Luke James and Tom Nichols. To varying degrees, there was a core of players signed last season who were stepping up a division or two – Chapman, Woodyard, Bennett, Dembele and Reed – and who didn’t look out of place in a side which finished seventh. Naismith looked solid at L2 level. O’Hara may have been shown the door too soon. I don’t second-guess Evans on his signing policy; it compares quite favourably with this season’s – not least in terms of cost and added value.

Tafazolli and Maddison were already on the books, as was Ward, so Evans assembled a play-off calibre team – not a claim one would make with much confidence about the present tenth-place team. If Knight returns to the line-up, we might be fielding three loan signings – not an obvious indicator of a sound team-building strategy.
Damn you for coming on here with all that football knowledge & spouting off.
I have no internet friends

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Jan 2020, 23:42

It looks as though it will be Birmingham then.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... n-17582680
Birmingham City have had "a bid accepted" for Peterborough United's Marcus Maddison.
And it is understood Blues have been given permission to speak to the 26-year-old attacking midfielder.
Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony claimed earlier this week the League One club had rejected two offers for Maddison from Birmingham.
MacAnthony then said the player had been given permission to speak to two Championship clubs.
Charlton Athletic are thought to be one of those clubs, and Football Insider claim Blues is the other club.
AND
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... -1-9204510
Peterborough United director of football urges Marcus Maddison to move to Birmingham City. Posh director of football Barry Fry today (January 17) confirmed his old club’s interest and urged Maddison to make the switch to St Andrews.
Fry said: “It’s all doom and gloom at Birmingham at the moment, but I know for a fact Marcus would lift the place. The fans would love him.”
It's pretty obvious that Posh are keen to get rid of Maddison.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 20 Jan 2020, 09:51

So now Marcus has received a death threat - what on earth is going at Posh?
I have no internet friends

Stamford(POSHBOYZ)

Post by Stamford(POSHBOYZ) » 20 Jan 2020, 10:39

This is why Posh are slipping down the league some players minds are else where let them go and get the youngers in and use the basic formation I have coached in Africa and India the diamond formation leaves you exposed in the middle unless you use a sweeper the centre half moves forward make these players train Sunday and yes all day.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 31 Jan 2020, 10:21

When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 31 Jan 2020, 18:16

Signed on loan until seasons end, when one assumes he'll move to Hull on a free transfer

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 31 Jan 2020, 18:30

All the best Marcus for the future. You went as far as you could with Posh. Great talent, well worth watching, but your time was up. :clap2:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 31 Jan 2020, 19:47

Brianposh wrote:
31 Jan 2020, 18:30
All the best Marcus for the future. You went as far as you could with Posh. Great talent, well worth watching, but your time was up. :clap2:
Agreed Brian. A very exciting player who also confounded his detractors by being such a strange lad. I wouldn't have wanted him any other way. It's not very often that players like him rock up and give us five years of his talents. :D :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 04 Feb 2020, 17:45

Looks like DMac has gone all mouthy and publicly aired some dirty laundry (he does this often when he wants to make a point but is not consistent) regarding his b=views on Marcus who should have been in the championship a couple of seasons ago. How about a classy, thanks for the good times MArcus, it was clearly a season to far in League 1 and we wish all the best? Something quite "Trump" like about the latest social media extravaganza

ashman

Post by ashman » 04 Feb 2020, 19:27

stumpy wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 17:45
Looks like DMac has gone all mouthy and publicly aired some dirty laundry (he does this often when he wants to make a point but is not consistent) regarding his b=views on Marcus who should have been in the championship a couple of seasons ago. How about a classy, thanks for the good times MArcus, it was clearly a season to far in League 1 and we wish all the best? Something quite "Trump" like about the latest social media extravaganza
Absolutely. Listening to what DMac has said must send the wrong sort of message to prospective players. :roll:
It's all a sort of turn around. 'Come to Posh and have your career boosted,' has sort of changed to, 'Make sure that you toe the line or else higher authorities will vilify you.'
Even players that have been kicked out for drink/drug/thieving related problems have been thanked for their efforts. Very sad end to an entertaining spell at Posh.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 08 Feb 2020, 08:44

DMac only spoke out to set the record straight as there was so much criticism of him being flung around on all the forums. Magic was, I believe, out of order and very lucky that Darragh showed so much patience and worked hard to get him the move he craved. He really didn’t want to be with us any more.

That said, I loved Magic, I’m still sad he’s gone. Will always watch out for how he’s doing and wish him the best of luck ...... except when we play Hull next season :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Lester Bangs

Post by Lester Bangs » 14 Feb 2020, 13:24

I would miss Marcus more if we hadn't improved so drastically upon his departure. No doubting his talent but the last couple of months before his departure have left question marks about his class.

Question marks which are no longer our problem. I wish him well at Hull and hope he can discover the focus he needs to fulfil his potential.
The ultimate sin of any performer is contempt for the audience.