Magic Marcus

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

AndoverPoshFan

Magic Marcus

Post by AndoverPoshFan » 13 Jan 2020, 12:47

Posh have accepted a bid from Charlton this morning. He is now in talks with them.

Gaz_Miller

Re: Magic Marcus

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Jan 2020, 13:56

Season officially over then.

Start planning for groundhog season #10 (or whatever number we're up to).

Bigging a player up & cashing in - who would have thought it?
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Jan 2020, 15:29

Gaz_Miller wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 13:56
Season officially over then.

Start planning for groundhog season #10 (or whatever number we're up to).

Bigging a player up & cashing in - who would have thought it?
I don't know where I read it, but someone either on this site, dotnet, Facebook or twitter pointed out that teams defend with ten outfield players against us, when we have MM and Mo in the side we are only defending with eight, this is why in a lot of games we are overrun. I personally won't shed any tears at his departure and if the soddin' diamond goes with him then good riddance.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 13 Jan 2020, 15:34

Given the number of goals and, perhaps, more importantly, assists Marcus has made, it does beg the question who is going to provide them once he’s gone.

Another mid-table season of mediocrity is ever more certain.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 13 Jan 2020, 15:37

I wouldnt be surprised to see Cooper back. from Plymouth if Maddison is on his way. Lock up. your daughters!!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Jan 2020, 15:48

Narrowboat Dave wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 15:34
Given the number of goals and, perhaps, more importantly, assists Marcus has made, it does beg the question who is going to provide them once he’s gone.

Another mid-table season of mediocrity is ever more certain.
Yep. It's all getting very boring I'm afraid.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Jan 2020, 15:48

pleasureboy60 wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 15:37
I wouldnt be surprised to see Cooper back. from Plymouth if Maddison is on his way. Lock up. your daughters!!
That's like Barcelona replacing Messi with Di ck Tydeman.

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 13 Jan 2020, 16:35

Perhaps we should get Eisa's younger brother?

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 13 Jan 2020, 17:20

pleasureboy60 wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 15:37
Would not be capable of replacing Marcus's little toe, let alone any footballing ability. :evil:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 13 Jan 2020, 17:21

We're doomed. I'm off to jump off the roof because every one thinks we're a one man team, London Road is going to burn down and Barry Fry will be manager next week

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Jan 2020, 17:24

DaveLister wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 17:21
We're doomed. I'm off to jump off the roof because every one thinks we're a one man team, London Road is going to burn down and Barry Fry will be manager next week
It's no coincidence that Posh have gone off form since Magic lost interest. I suppose you think Boyd will step up to the mark.

Oh, and I'd take Fry as manager over who we've currently got.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 13 Jan 2020, 18:36

Gaz_Miller wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 17:24
DaveLister wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 17:21
It's no coincidence that Posh have gone off form since Magic lost interest. I suppose you think Boyd will step up to the mark.

Oh, and I'd take Fry as manager over who we've currently got.
Maybe Dr Sigmund, but I won't be reaching for the anti depressants yet.

And if you'd take back Fry you need to stop drinking, because it's making your brain mushy.

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 13 Jan 2020, 20:12

Whist I'd guess that the comments of having BF back as manager results from frustration and was probably 'tongue in cheek', I can relate to the comment. I have serious reservations about our recent performances under DF and where we are now going.
I'd have liked to have been in the board room when the sale of Marcus to Charlton was agreed. We currently have a modern day holy trinity imo..... Mo, Ivan and Marcus. A third of that trio is going and it's perfectly feasible that another may go before the end of January.
In order to stop us nestling in mid table mediocrity, how are we going to fill his boots?
I don't know folks.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Jan 2020, 21:19

Bluemike wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 20:12
Whist I'd guess that the comments of having BF back as manager results from frustration and was probably 'tongue in cheek', I can relate to the comment. I have serious reservations about our recent performances under DF and where we are now going.
I'd have liked to have been in the board room when the sale of Marcus to Charlton was agreed. We currently have a modern day holy trinity imo..... Mo, Ivan and Marcus. A third of that trio is going and it's perfectly feasible that another may go before the end of January.
In order to stop us nestling in mid table mediocrity, how are we going to fill his boots?
I don't know folks.
It was tongue-in-cheek but, like you, I know Ferguson isn’t the man either.

Very worrying also to see MacAnthony bigging up the Marcus sale on Twitter & also discussing Toney.

Every bloody season is the same. No wonder we capitulate in December. The best players know they’re off.

I’m sick & fed up with it all.

Also, for all the idiots wanting Oztumer back - have you been watching Boyd, Tomlin, CMS, McLean...?

Get a bloody grip

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 13 Jan 2020, 23:52

I'm no fan of welcoming former players back from the golden age but I do think that, out of the players you listed, I'd have Oztumer in there any day. We're now struggling in midfield.