Wimbledon v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ohowles

Re: Wimbledon v Posh

Post by ohowles » 18 Jan 2020, 19:21

All valid points, the ref was dreadful, and toney could have had at least two penalties. Yes it was awful again, no denying that and the season is going away from us, but i just don't see the point in once again changing manager middle of the season.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 18 Jan 2020, 19:26

What do you expect from a clueless manager who is tactically inept and who lives on his father's reputation. Should NEVER have had him back a second time let alone a third time. Chairman needs to take a long hard look at himself and admit he's made a big big mistake.

ohowles

Post by ohowles » 18 Jan 2020, 19:31

I can't argue with the tactically inept as keep sticking with the diamond formation is clearly not working. But sacking the manager and having to shift countless players out in the summer and bringing in countless players again, for me is totally not the answer. We really need to be looking at brining in a different type of striker, maybe a big target man, but something that can be different to what we do have currently.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 18 Jan 2020, 19:44

I await the opinion of somebody who actually attended the game, but even i am beginning to run out of patience with Fergie. Sacking him now achieves nothing, since there's a lack of decent unemployed replacements, but he has to realise his diamond doesn't work with our personnel.

If the season is dead, then we must rebuild in the summer and start again.

As for the clowns who would rather Dmac follow Ferguson out of the door, remember we wouldn't have a football club to support without him.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 18 Jan 2020, 20:14

DaveLister wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 19:44
I await the opinion of somebody who actually attended the game, but even i am beginning to run out of patience with Fergie. Sacking him now achieves nothing, since there's a lack of decent unemployed replacements, but he has to realise his diamond doesn't work with our personnel.

As for the clowns who would rather Dmac follow Ferguson out of the door, remember we wouldn't have a football club to support without him.
Im sorry but the chairman must shoulder some of the blame for this! He employed him when nobody else would touch him with a barge pole.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 18 Jan 2020, 20:17

Neil Warnock. Get him in now. Knows the lower leagues, would get us playing. 100% improvement on the clown we have at present.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Jan 2020, 20:27

Waiting for the Pym’s not good enough brigade, he was easily our MOM today without him or with a lesser keeper 4-0 5-0. Toney apart from defensively was woeful was nearly as bad as Magic fell down every time somebody blew him a kiss. They weren’t very good but as usual tried harder and were more physical than us. I felt sorry for Szmodics he tried hard, but didn’t seem to connect with a colleague once. Things can only get better. Ps why do we always wait until we’re losing before changing to three at the back
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 18 Jan 2020, 21:04

Gaz_Miller wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 18:10
If MacAnthony can’t see the problem then he needs to go as well.

We are getting worse despite loads of money being spent.
Quite so.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 18 Jan 2020, 21:05

pleasureboy60 wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 20:17
Neil Warnock. Get him in now. Knows the lower leagues, would get us playing. 100% improvement on the clown we have at present.
Marvellous idea but he has more sense than to work under MacAnthony & Fry.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 18 Jan 2020, 21:11

pleasureboy60 wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 20:14
DaveLister wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 19:44

Im sorry but the chairman must shoulder some of the blame for this! He employed him when nobody else would touch him with a barge pole.
Yes PB, but that doesn't logically follow that Darragh should go too - he, unlike most of the managers hes employed recognises his own mistakes, going back to dismissing Keith Alexander too soon.

I maintain the point that without Dmac we wouldn't have a club to support, and we certainly wouldn't be having this discussion.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 18 Jan 2020, 21:24

Gaz_Miller wrote:
Read what DaveLister has to say.
DaveLister wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 21:11
I maintain the point that without Dmac we wouldn't have a club to support, and we certainly wouldn't be having this discussion.
Dmac won't be going nor will Fergie.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 18 Jan 2020, 22:15

tonyp wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 21:24
Gaz_Miller wrote:
DaveLister wrote:
I bloody hope not Tony, because we're ******* without him

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 18 Jan 2020, 22:23

DaveLister wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 22:15
tonyp wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 21:24
Gaz_Miller wrote:
DaveLister wrote:
I bloody hope not Tony, because we're ******* without him
We are not exactly smelling or roses at present with either of them.

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 18 Jan 2020, 23:18

Like I said on another thread, he'll keep Fergie this season imo, and get rid in 20/21 season. I'm resigned to mid table this season and so is my grandson.
Without Dmac, and the money he's put in, we'd be in League 2. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong and why you think otherwise.
Nevertheless, I want DF gone. You don't sack somebody twice and then say "Sorry. You're actually a good manager after all".

ashman

Post by ashman » 19 Jan 2020, 01:08

Bluemike wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 23:18
Like I said on another thread, he'll keep Fergie this season imo, and get rid in 20/21 season. I'm resigned to mid table this season and so is my grandson.
Without Dmac, and the money he's put in, we'd be in League 2. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong and why you think otherwise.
Nevertheless, I want DF gone. You don't sack somebody twice and then say "Sorry. You're actually a good manager after all".
The reason that Fergie was sacked twice was because an irritatingly impatient collection of supporters seem to think that we have a divine rite to promotion from this league. Each season there are normally 23 clubs and their associated fanbase who are all clamouring for that step up into the next division with only three being able to do that. All the managers that DMac has sacked so far have, IMO, been released far too early due to the pressure that has been exerted on our owner. This situation happens at many clubs in our English football leagues and is down, in many respects, to the pressure that social media is constantly inflicting upon players, managers and owners. When will we begin to learn that dispensing with a management team within a season/season and a half is totally unproductive?
Yes, I agree with those who have slated DMac for his appointments maybe but far worse are his sackings; Mark Cooper (12 games), Jim Gannon (14 games), Gary Johnson (33 games) Dave Robertson (20 games) Grant McCann(total of 27 games including the two other times he took over) were all dismissed far too early. Then we come to Steve Evans, a man who became so hated by fans because of his demeanour and actions on the touchline but he was entrusted with 52 games!!!
Fergie has had the managership of our club for about six years in total and and has presided over maybe 350 games and has brought all the successes that we have had in recent times. Inevitably in those years there have been some lean spots where results have been poor. We are now in the middle of such a run of results. Add to this that when DMac appointed Fergie this last time he inferred that he had finally learnt that the constant turnover of management was counterproductive to success and that Fergie would be given a good full three years to sort it all out. Apparently he has now come out with the statement, "I have so much confidence in manager/staff/players that if we don’t achieve the play offs this season I’ll step down as Chairman'
This is typical of his impulsive behaviour and I don't, for one, believe what he has said.

Jason Neale has said, "This is a 10yr project. Neither @rstposh nor I, have any interest in being the Chairman. We have one of the best Chairman in football in @DMAC102.
Similarly, we have one of the best managers in football. Neither are going anywhere. We win-we lose but let's support the team!"

In saying all that, I will concur with lots of fans that the diamond is presently not working for the manager. Fergie has had success with this system before and he prefers this to any other but the question remains as to whether he has the right personnel this time to make it work? Maybe when the three recently acquired players have had a chance to bed in and we get Knight and the other injuries sorted out, then he may have the right sort of players for his system. Meanwhile he really should consider changing away from the diamond.
Go to 3-5-2 would be my choice!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'