Sack him now, he's out his depth!
29%

Total votes: 14

HantsPosh

Re: Fergie - Mid season review

Post by HantsPosh » 17 Jan 2020, 12:51

Gaz_Miller wrote:
17 Jan 2020, 10:55
No excuses now. Evans has said he's got all the players he's wanted, he's been backed by the owners with more money than most League One managers could ever dream of & he's getting rid of all the players he doesn't want.

Nothing short of promotion will do now.
yaaaay my time machine works, I'm back in summer 2018 :clap2:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 17 Jan 2020, 15:18

HantsPosh wrote:
17 Jan 2020, 12:51
yaaaay my time machine works, I'm back in summer 2018 :clap2:
:oops:
I have no internet friends

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jan 2020, 10:17

Just a thought after last night's much-improved performance, does anybody else think this improvement is solely down to the formation. I know we have some new players in the side, but I feel that given the three at the back any two of our original midfield Woodyard, Reed or Boyd could have done the same (as could Knight if he wasn't injured) I'm sure most will agree that Maddison could have done as good a job in that formation as right-sided player, and either Boyd or Dembele even Tasdemir could have covered the role played by Szmodics. I like the look of all three new boys, especially Taylor, but I think the manager's refusal to adopt a change of formation before Christmas when a lot of supporters were calling for change has seen us tumble down the league (unnecessarily).
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 Jan 2020, 11:21

bristleposh wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 10:17
Just a thought after last night's much-improved performance, does anybody else think this improvement is solely down to the formation. I know we have some new players in the side, but I feel that given the three at the back any two of our original midfield Woodyard, Reed or Boyd could have done the same (as could Knight if he wasn't injured) I'm sure most will agree that Maddison could have done as good a job in that formation as right-sided player, and either Boyd or Dembele even Tasdemir could have covered the role played by Szmodics. I like the look of all three new boys, especially Taylor, but I think the manager's refusal to adopt a change of formation before Christmas when a lot of supporters were calling for change has seen us tumble down the league (unnecessarily).
90% of supporters could see the problem.

So, Ferguson, a) couldn't see the problem or, b) was too stubborn to change it.

Either way, it's not a good sign.
I have no internet friends

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 22 Jan 2020, 19:38

Good question as to whether it's the squad changes that have made the difference or him "seeing the light" and ditching the predictable diamond.
I really do hope it's a combination of the two. The energy levels last night were brilliant. That would point to squad changes and not a formation change. We shall see whether he's listened to the deafening online/newspaper criticism over the next few weeks. My fingers are crossed and I look forward to saying he should stay. The jury's still out in this house though. Roll on Saturday!!

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Jan 2020, 04:15

Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 11:21
90% of supporters could see the problem.
So, Ferguson, a) couldn't see the problem or, b) was too stubborn to change it.
Either way, it's not a good sign.
You wouldn't recognise a good sign if it jumped up and bit you Gaz! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'