Hmmm, not totally convinced but could be worse
36%
Sack him now, he's out his depth!
29%

Total votes: 14

White G

Fergie - Mid season review

Post by White G » 08 Jan 2020, 22:20

Yes, I follow from afar and I've only been to one game this season in person. But how do you think Fergie is doing this time around? I was never his biggest fan and nothing has changed for me.

Gaz_Miller

Re: Fergie - Mid season review

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Jan 2020, 09:03

A lower league manager at best who just gets lucky when he manages Posh.

First time he inherited the trinity, second time he inherited McCann, Tomlin, CMS & Boyd and this time he's inherited Maddison and Toney.

He can't sign players & he can't implement a plan 'B' once we get sussed out.

He's getting by on his surname, not his managerial abilities - hence nobody else ever wanting him.

Still, he's the ONLY manager who will accept MacAnthony giving orders so we're stuck with him.
I'm being stalked by Roland off Grange Hill

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 09 Jan 2020, 09:24

Gaz_Miller wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 09:03

First time he inherited the trinity, second time he inherited McCann, Tomlin, CMS & Boyd and this time he's inherited Maddison and Toney.

He's getting by on his surname, not his managerial abilities - hence nobody else ever wanting him.

Still, he's the ONLY manager who will accept MacAnthony giving orders so we're stuck with him.
That describes our current manager in a nutshell!

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 09 Jan 2020, 12:37

I would say he's a top 6 manager in Division One currently. :wink:

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 09 Jan 2020, 18:49

Gaz_Miller wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 09:03

Spot on. :stupid:

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 09 Jan 2020, 20:59

Been following your forum for years, supporting Posh since moving here in '80s, taking Grandkids to games and I have to register to comment now on this mid season Fergie thread.

I was astounded when DM took him back after sacking him twice. Can you imagine any rational business in this country taking back someone they'd got rid of twice?

I don't agree with all that Gaz_M says however there appears to me to be little sign of a Plan B. If the diamond is so fantastic, why does every club in the league (from Premier League to Sunday League pub teams), not utilise it?

It works for a while, other teams then watch the videos, they change their formation to combat us and we get rumbled. Fergie strikes me as a good man-manager but I genuinely believe that the diamond has to be just one part of his armoury and not the default lineup.

If he maintains this stubbornness, I fear we will remain a mid to upper League 1 team.

White G

Post by White G » 11 Jan 2020, 11:55

Under Fergie we're not going to go anywhere spectacular but if we're happy to be steadily average then maybe he's your man. Nobody else accepts working for a dictator so unless things change from top to bottom, maybe he's the most stable option.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 11 Jan 2020, 18:57

White G wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 11:55
Under Fergie we're not going to go anywhere spectacular but if we're happy to be steadily average then maybe he's your man. Nobody else accepts working for a dictator so unless things change from top to bottom, maybe he's the most stable option.
We tried the dictator, Fergie replaced him

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Jan 2020, 00:11

Very refreshing to hear Eddie Howe saying he’s looking at himself & if he’s doing a good enough job.
After all his success at Bournemouth, it takes a man to own up to his possible shortcomings. Unfortunately we have a manager with a famous surname who never takes responsibility

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 13 Jan 2020, 18:38

Gaz_Miller wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 00:11
Very refreshing to hear Eddie Howe saying he’s looking at himself & if he’s doing a good enough job.
After all his success at Bournemouth, it takes a man to own up to his possible shortcomings. Unfortunately we have a manager with a famous surname who never takes responsibility
Because Steve Evans always held his hands up, instead of blaming players, referees, the ball was too round, or the grass too long

ashman

Post by ashman » 13 Jan 2020, 21:40

DaveLister wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 18:38
Gaz_Miller wrote:
Because Steve Evans always held his hands up, instead of blaming players, referees, the ball was too round, or the grass too long
Sarcasm, the lowest form of wit! Well said Dave! :clap2: :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

White G

Post by White G » 13 Jan 2020, 21:57

DaveLister wrote:
Gaz_Miller wrote:
Gaz wasn't talking about Stevie Evans, he was talking about Darren Ferguson. Infact, the title of the thread should be crystal clear even to you Dave.

This site is rife with people looking at others rather than answering the question or dealing with the issue.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Jan 2020, 22:15

White G wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 21:57
DaveLister wrote:
Gaz_Miller wrote:
Gaz wasn't talking about Stevie Evans, he was talking about Darren Ferguson. Infact, the title of the thread should be crystal clear even to you Dave.

This site is rife with people looking at others rather than answering the question or dealing with the issue.
It’s a shame you had to point out the obvious, but you are 100% right of course

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 14 Jan 2020, 22:58

So we are now down to 10th with the possibility of dropping into the bottom half with the other games in hand.

For a multi-million pound squad in league 1, that is totally unacceptable.

Embarrassing for all concerned

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 14 Jan 2020, 23:48

Gaz_Miller wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 22:58
So we are now down to 10th with the possibility of dropping into the bottom half with the other games in hand.

For a multi-million pound squad in league 1, that is totally unacceptable.

Embarrassing for all concerned
Not a problem for our gifted manager. He says we are on the up. Perhaps he's looking at the league table standing on his head!!!