Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20261
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by tonyp » 11 Jan 2020, 16:45

bristleposh wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 15:06
Magic on the bench
Alan Swann seems surprised.
Midfielder Taylor has surprisingly replaced Marcus Maddison who drops to the substitutes’ bench. Frankie Kent also returns to the starting line-up in place of Rhys Bennett.
Reece Brown also makes his home debut, but teenage striker Ricky-Jade Jones is not in today’s squad.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20261
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by tonyp » 11 Jan 2020, 16:52

Half time 0-0
Boring.
Come on Posh. Evans will be blasting his players right now.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20261
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by tonyp » 11 Jan 2020, 17:04

At half time
.................Played..GD..Points
1 Rotherham 25 18 44
2 Wycombe 25 7 44
3 Coventry 24 10 43
4 Ipswich 24 12 41
5 Oxford Utd 24 18 39
6 Sunderland 24 10 38
7 Portsmouth 24 7 38
8 Posh 25 10 37
9 Fleetwood 23 8 37
10 Bristol R 24 0 37
11 Doncaster 23 11 35
We must win this "must win" game to improve our position.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

DoubleRay
Posts: 1246
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by DoubleRay » 11 Jan 2020, 18:04

.0-0
Like two flat tyres.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29250
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by bristleposh » 11 Jan 2020, 18:25

If the teams win their games in hand we're down to 13th. Brown looked very lightweight until he was moved to the left. Taylor looked fine. Beevers should struggle to get back into the side if Bennett and Kent perform together as well as they appeared to do. Boyd a shadow of the player who left us. Still the diamond not working. I wonder if Eisa can be rested and Taylor and Maddison play behind Toney.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16461
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by DaveLister » 11 Jan 2020, 18:26

We were never going to see a good game today. Evans told the telegraph yesterday he'd be employing those tactics, so hed be delighted they got Beevers sent off.

Paul Raynor - I mean Gaz - will be along shortly to tell us that we'd have won 12-0 if Evans was still embarrassing us as manager.
Image

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6365
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by Poshay » 11 Jan 2020, 19:17

Taking all those children to that match could be considered as being child cruelty. I know the wind was bad but both teams were woeful. Posh lucky to escape with a point after Gill's crossbar rattling.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20261
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by tonyp » 11 Jan 2020, 19:20

DaveLister wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 18:26
We were never going to see a good game today. Evans told the telegraph yesterday he'd be employing those tactics, so hed be delighted they got Beevers sent off.

Paul Raynor - I mean Gaz - will be along shortly to tell us that we'd have won 12-0 if Evans was still embarrassing us as manager.
Nought nought (as Barry would say) is not a good result for Gaz.
He would have liked Posh to win.
He would have liked Evans to prove that we should have kept him.
Neither happened.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 563
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Jan 2020, 19:34

Any Posh fan happy with that are as clueless as our manager. He’s been out thought for the past 6 games now.

We’re not going up. Groundhog season number ??
I have no internet friends

pleasureboy60
Posts: 322
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by pleasureboy60 » 11 Jan 2020, 19:54

Gaz_Miller wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 19:34
Any Posh fan happy with that are as clueless as our manager. He’s been out thought for the past 6 games now.

We’re not going up. Groundhog season number ??
Listening to Fergie on the radio he blamed the weather and the opposition tactics for us not winning today. Not his beloved diamond that is failing miserably week after week. Fergie also feels we have now turned the corner, Really!!!!

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 563
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Jan 2020, 19:59

pleasureboy60 wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 19:54
Gaz_Miller wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 19:34
Any Posh fan happy with that are as clueless as our manager. He’s been out thought for the past 6 games now.

We’re not going up. Groundhog season number ??
Listening to Fergie on the radio he blamed the weather and the opposition tactics for us not winning today. Not his beloved diamond that is failing miserably week after week. Fergie also feels we have now turned the corner, Really!!!!
I found myself laughing in the car during his interview. He blamed the weather at least four times. Then he blamed Gillingham for playing in a way that didn’t allow us to play.

He can do one, now! For a squad that cost/worth millions in league 1, it’s embarrassing to be outdone by little Gillingham. We’re sliding down the table & other managers have been sacked for doing much better
I have no internet friends

Bluemike
Posts: 20
Joined: 09 Jan 2020, 20:04

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by Bluemike » 11 Jan 2020, 20:05

I told my grandson on the way to the match what our formation would be. I explained how SE would play percentage football and get the ball forward at every opportunity. Why did Fergie not do the same in the dressing room and come up with a plan B to combat him? Because he doesn't have one!

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 563
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Jan 2020, 20:08

Bluemike wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 20:05
I told my grandson on the way to the match what our formation would be. I explained how SE would play percentage football and get the ball forward at every opportunity. Why did Fergie not do the same in the dressing room and come up with a plan B to combat him? Because he doesn't have one!
Your grandson now knows more about football than our manager.
I have no internet friends

Bluemike
Posts: 20
Joined: 09 Jan 2020, 20:04

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by Bluemike » 11 Jan 2020, 20:28

He knows about how angry his grandfather gets in listening to Fergies radio excuses on the way home.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 29250
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: Posh v Gillingham (Sat Jan 11)

Post by bristleposh » 11 Jan 2020, 20:35

You just shouldn’t go back, it didn’t work with Tom Williams, CMS, Maclean, Tomlinson, Boyd and Ferguson. Move on and get a manager in who can get the best out of these failing prima donnas.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

Post Reply