Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Alex Woodyard

Post by ashman » 02 Feb 2020, 19:41

ashman wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 23:38
poshnipper wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 20:36
Anyway, good luck to Woody. He was my MoM’s over Christmas!
And, IMO, Bennett is better than Beevers and didn’t do too much wrong today at Burnley. Just my opinion.
Bennett has been very good since Kent has been out of the team. I think the young Frankie still has a lot to learn!
Since I posted this, the fortunes of the club have completely turned around. I don't think you can ever really say exactly why these sort of upturns or even down turns happen. There are always so many imponderables to consider including luck, change in personnel, change in formations, attitudes of incoming and outgoing players, financial regulations, the list could go on.
As for players, Frankie Kent seems to have modelled himself on Franz Beckenbauer and has been my MOTM for the past three games, Dembele has learnt to realise that there are other players in the team and even Beevers has improved!
Finally the three players brought in, Brown, Taylor and Szmodics, maybe have more of a claim than most to our improvement. Szmodics is CMS-like, never stopping trying to find space, doing it spectacularly and scoring regularly at the end of his forays, Brown is one of those unseen players who goes about his business quietly and efficiently, hardly ever getting the ball to rise more than a few inches off the ground - a sign of a quality player. As for Taylor, well initially I think we were all shocked to hear he had cost £500,000 from non league. I think that fans who have watched his rapid development in the few games he has played will now understand why DMac and Co pushed the boat out!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 02 Feb 2020, 20:56

Have to say, I can't be alone in wishing Szmodics and Brown were our players, or at least hopefully we could secure the services of both on season loans next year

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 04 Feb 2020, 22:23

Watching Tranmere get an absolute roasting by Doncaster (Doncaster look very good) and Woodyard is truly woeful, even in his natural habitat of a mud field

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 05 Feb 2020, 12:46

stumpy wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 22:23
Watching Tranmere get an absolute roasting by Doncaster (Doncaster look very good) and Woodyard is truly woeful, even in his natural habitat of a mud field
:lol: Not a fan?
I have no internet friends