LINCOLN CITY v POSH (Wed. January 1st)

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

pleasureboy60

Re: LINCOLN CITY v POSH (Wed. January 1st)

Post by pleasureboy60 » 01 Jan 2020, 21:14

Gaz_Miller wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 21:01
pleasureboy60 wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 20:40
I was at the game today as was I at Rotherham and for me Boyd has been non existant in both games and for much of the season. He was dreadful today and it was like playing with 10 men in the first half even before Dembele got his marching orders. Boyd is a luxury we can't afford. He offers nothing going forward. His defensive skills are dire and his mobility at times resembles someone who has seen better days. Why oh why do we keep bringing these ex players back to the club. Its embarrassing! It didn't work with Mackail Smith or Tomlin and it certainly hasn't worked with bringing Boyd back. Get rid and bring in younger players with more energy and who don't want extortionate wages.
100% agree.

This nostalgia trip that MacAnthony keeps going on needs to stop.

Boyd, McLean, Tyler, Etherington, Davies, Tomlin last season, Mackail-Smith the year before.
Not forgetting Fergie!!!!!!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 01 Jan 2020, 21:21

pleasureboy60 wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 21:14

Not forgetting Fergie!!!!!!
Don't get me started on that one :lol:

Thinking about it though, it really does seem the only way for MacAnthony. Maybe that's where the problem is....
I have no internet friends

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 02 Jan 2020, 00:10

bristleposh wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 19:42
It’s easy to blame Ferguson I’m just surprised the owner thinks he can do the job, he can’t. There have been times this season when we have flattered to deceive, but overall we have just not been good enough. I’m waiting to hear Ashman’s comments on Maddison, because if the regular whingers on dotnet are correct he was appalling and cost us the game, even more so than Dembele. Would it be a racist comment to call him a Scottish idiot.
Maddison was born in Durham. (Or perhaps the comment relates to the manager.)

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 02 Jan 2020, 05:28

JohnC wrote:
02 Jan 2020, 00:10
He probably meant Fergie who was born in Glasgow.
But whoever it was aimed at it was offensive to call him an idiot even if he is Scottish.
Some of my best friends drink Scotch.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Jan 2020, 10:45

JohnC wrote:
02 Jan 2020, 00:10
bristleposh wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 19:42
It’s easy to blame Ferguson I’m just surprised the owner thinks he can do the job, he can’t. There have been times this season when we have flattered to deceive, but overall we have just not been good enough. I’m waiting to hear Ashman’s comments on Maddison, because if the regular whingers on dotnet are correct he was appalling and cost us the game, even more so than Dembele. Would it be a racist comment to call him a Scottish idiot?
I was actually referring to Dembele, who like Boyd and Mackail-Smith despite being born elsewhere qualify for Jockland https://www.flashscore.co.uk/player/dem ... /KWUpmg5q/
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 02 Jan 2020, 11:28

Keith wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 21:44
.........standing throughout as near as they could to the excellent Lincoln city singers...............
That tells me you are not a posh fan but I'm not condoning the behaviour.

ashman

Post by ashman » 02 Jan 2020, 12:02

DoubleRay wrote:
02 Jan 2020, 11:28
Keith wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 21:44
.........standing throughout as near as they could to the excellent Lincoln city singers...............
That tells me you are not a posh fan but I'm not condoning the behaviour.
Spot on. They were just as abusive as our knobheads - but that doesn't excuse our idiots. For me the stewards should have sorted this all out before the game kicked off.
There were 1,700 tickets as a sold out allocation and after the game we were told that there were 1,740 away fans in the stadium. This suggests that Lincoln City themselves and the stewards plus our core of idiots were ALL to blame!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'