bristleposh

Re: FA Cup Round 3 (Burnley away)

Post by bristleposh » 04 Jan 2020, 20:36

DaveLister wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 20:21
DoubleRay wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 16:13
Perspective please.
We just lost to a premier team that no one realistically expected us to win anyway.
Their player Rodriguez cost £10 million. If you want to go doom and gloom over one poor run over a busy festive period then you should have focused on the 12.30, one minute pause for thought time. :roll:
Absolutely this.
We have not had a victory against a side from the top flight in the FA Cup since the sixties, yet teams like Newport, Exeter, Colchester, Rochdale, and Tranmere put up a show on a regular basis, we don't expect to win but it would be nice not to roll over and have our belly tickled.
When you are dead, you don't know you're dead.
It's difficult only for the others.
It's the same when you are stupid

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 04 Jan 2020, 20:45

We saw today just what a gap there is between a (good average) Premiership team and one in the upper reaches of the third division. We barely got a kick in the first 30 minutes, but we did well to not get overwhelmed. I felt that Burnley barely got out of third gear, and their passing with the ball and pressing without the ball, along with the quickness of thought and greater technical skill, highlighted the gulf between our two worlds.
I was sitting at halfway and was impressed that the Posh supporters made far more noise than the home fans, so credit to them. I felt the second goal should have been given as offside for the player in the box clearly denied Pym a view of the ball until it was too late.
We can dominate at the front, but we do not have a general in the midfield, nor in defence. But we did some excellent last ditch blocks
Credit to Posh for playing until the end and it was a sad shame that Reece did not score when so close in the first half

We could easily have lost 6 nil so a 4-2 is a presentable result.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 04 Jan 2020, 20:53

Great day out. Stewards agreed that I could take my rattle in as long as I didn’t use it :shock: Yeah right :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The 1 minute mental health reflection turned out to be a damp squib. The organisers of that totally missed the much talked about opportunity to raise awareness.

I think it was a very respectable score. Whilst I hoped we’d win, I didn’t really expect to. We paid them waaaaay too much respect in the 1st 30 minutes. From then on, it was a decent match. VAR can go do one as far as I’m concerned. Hopefully, it will never be filtered through to the Championship, where we’ll be playing next season. :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 04 Jan 2020, 22:20

poshnipper wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 20:53

the Championship, where we’ll be playing next season. :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Stamford(POSHBOYZ)

Post by Stamford(POSHBOYZ) » 05 Jan 2020, 11:56

My I say amazing away support for Posh some of the stewards said one of the best this season.Pity I could not put my two flags up plenty of empty seats! Fire hazard ok,special day for myself and my two sons.Kick on POSH. Stamford POSH.