POSH V Blackpool

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: POSH V Blackpool

Post by Gaz_Miller » 21 Nov 2020, 17:54

Is Grant McCann available?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 21 Nov 2020, 18:01

Lose 2-1 and another poor performance...sort it out Fergie...

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 21 Nov 2020, 18:01

Gaz_Miller wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 17:54
Is Grant McCann available?
Good manager

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 21 Nov 2020, 18:16

Crewe was bad and today was the same. Awful watching.
If this is the result of an inspirational speech to the team during the week, we're in trouble.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 21 Nov 2020, 18:46

That really was awful...we are a multi million pound squad in League 1 and we are being outplayed and out-worked by mid-table teams who have sussed us out. Press us high up the pitch, surround Dembele when he has the ball and we resort to long ball football that woud have Steve Evans embarrassed at the predictable nature...Szmodics is truly crap, JCH is slowwwwwwwwwww, Butler and Mason and Broom all a division too high....Taylor and Brown ponderous...Surely the best thing to do is to sack Fergie, get in a manager who will get us in and around the play-offs, sack him and bring Fergie back to see it over the line?

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 21 Nov 2020, 18:58

For the second week running Fergies pre match interviews highlight the opposition danger men, so what do we do! Give them so much respect and time on the ball that they totally run rings around us.
I never thought I would say this, but one man does make a team. It makes you appreciate just how good Toney was.
Today our paltry midfield offering spent all afternoon trying to close the Blackpool. midfield from playing. It failed miserably, hence we created nothing and deserved nothing.
Chorley must be rubbing their hands together for next Saturday.

Bluemike

Post by Bluemike » 21 Nov 2020, 19:10

Neil Critchley told us that he'd watched us play at Crewe. So he knew how Crewe successfully combatted our play. So he adopted the same tactics and guess what? It worked. The same thing happened when Fergie was infatuated with the diamond. Fergie is unable to react fast enough when his formations are rumbled.

We've got damn good players and we need a manager to be proactive to get the best out of them otherwise we've had it against Plymouth on Tuesday. You can't use injuries as an excuse Fergie so change formation again and inspire the team.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 21 Nov 2020, 19:30

It’s groundhog season again.

As soon as the opposition suss us out, the manager is unable to react. It’s no longer coincidence, it’s obviously beyond Fergie’s capabilities as a football manager.

It’s a shame because it’s obvious that MacAnthony struggles to work with any other manager.

How can the club progress if we’re stuck in stalemate?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 21 Nov 2020, 20:28

Having watched England v Ireland on mute and listened to the commentary on iFollow of Posh I can only go by the radio commentary and they made it sound as though we were awful. I beginning to get the feeling we are not as good as I thought we were before the season started. The three million pound strikers are not performing, Dembele is being marked out of every game by three defenders, because sides have worked out they don’t to mark any of the other strikers. Brown doesn’t do enough so we are struggling with only one in the middle, Ward and Butler are both struggling to get forward enough without Thompson in the side.
Apart from two very lucky wins against Fleetwood and Hull we haven’t beaten anyone in the top half, super Crewe who completely out played us were stuffed by Pompey today. I’m beginning to think that despite his impressive record with us perhaps a manager who can’t see past his first eleven may not be the best person to be in charge at London Road. Edwards, Barker, and Burrows and when fit again Jones and Clarke really need to be involved.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 21 Nov 2020, 21:24

Ponderous and clueless and that’s just the useless lump up front who should spend time looking at his own performance rather than constantly shouting at his team mates. Proof in the last 2 games why no-one in the Championship wanted him.

Sammie is a real worry and looks totally out of sorts. I struggle to see what Brown brings to the team tbh and as for Niall Mason............there are no words to describe just how bad he is. Eisa is a shadow of the player from a year ago and I just hope he can get his confidence back soon.

I wouldn’t have taken Ward off but then he wasn’t a Fergie signing so is often the fall guy it seems.

Plymouth got spanked 5-1 today and will have another long trip to us on Tuesday so hopefully are low on confidence!

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 21 Nov 2020, 21:30

Gaz_Miller wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 19:30

As soon as the opposition suss us out, the manager is unable to react. It’s no longer coincidence, it’s obviously beyond Fergie’s capabilities as a football manager.

It’s a shame because it’s obvious that MacAnthony struggles to work with any other manager.

Spot on.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 21 Nov 2020, 22:45

Gaz_Miller wrote:

It's not groundhog season and it's not stalemate.

We lost and the best team (on the day) won.

As HantsPosh said Plymouth got spanked 5-1 today. By Fleetwood. We beat Fleetwood 2-1.
Fergie will sort it.
He said so in his interview after the match today.
Trust him.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 22 Nov 2020, 11:07

tonyp wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 22:45
Gaz_Miller wrote:

As HantsPosh said Plymouth got spanked 5-1 today. By Fleetwood. We beat Fleetwood 2-1.
Fergie will sort it.
Trust him.
Is he capable of "sorting it" I have my doubts.

White G

Post by White G » 22 Nov 2020, 11:17

Stop picking on Fergie! It's not fair, he's doing his best!🙄

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 22 Nov 2020, 17:15

tonyp wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 22:45
Gaz_Miller wrote:

Fergie will sort it.
Trust him.
We've not been that good all season. Have not dominated or outplayed anyone but have scrapped out some results. Blackpool manager saying he saw how Crewe nullified us and went for the same tactics....once again, Fergie has been rumbled....right now, it sure looks like Groundhog season with th only real difference being that we have million pound players in JCH, Eisa, Szmodics and then there is Taylor at £500,000 alongside the highly valued Brown, Dembele, Beevers, Kent etc...a team with those players should be cruising...we're not. Plymouth a big game Tuesday as we all know that Fergie's teams are well capable of turning blips into major trends