they think it's all over.....it is now

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

they think it's all over.....it is now

Post by bristleposh » 21 May 2020, 14:56

Last edited by bristleposh on 09 Jun 2020, 16:06, edited 2 times in total.
Political correctness gone mad these days,
you can't say Mongoose, you have to say
Special needs goose

ashman

Re: Some people are on the pitch

Post by ashman » 21 May 2020, 15:00

Yep, it looks as if it could well be all over for the 2019-20 season! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/may/efl-s ... s-update2/
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 21 May 2020, 20:50

well

we had a good bash

and we scored lots of goal

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 May 2020, 09:48

If it turns out that we are deemed to finish 7th, then I hope the chairman & board don't accept that certain people have done a good enough job.

Coronovirus or not, if we have invested between 8 & 10 million on the playing side, then we should have been much higher up the table before the unfortunate postponement of the season.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru

stumpy

Post by stumpy » 22 May 2020, 15:55

Yep, major failing to be 7th on points per game given the investment...

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 22 May 2020, 23:58

Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 May 2020, 09:48
If it turns out that we are deemed to finish 7th, then I hope the chairman & board don't accept that certain people have done a good enough job.

Coronovirus or not, if we have invested between 8 & 10 million on the playing side, then we should have been much higher up the table before the unfortunate postponement of the season.
With 36,000 dead and clubs potentially going bust as a result of the pandemic, i think there's a bigger picture than your anti Ferguson agenda, though I appreciate that you haven't had the opportunity to air it for a few months

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 May 2020, 06:38

DaveLister wrote:
22 May 2020, 23:58
Gaz_Miller wrote:

With 36,000 dead and clubs potentially going bust as a result of the pandemic, i think there's a bigger picture than your anti Ferguson agenda, though I appreciate that you haven't had the opportunity to air it for a few months
:clap: :clap: Admit it Dave. You've missed his pathetic agenda! :wink:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 May 2020, 08:07

Gaz_Miller wrote:

You seem to know less about first division football than you do about politics. I'm surprised trevormans hasn't been on blaming Johnson? and calling them to resign and take their top advisor with him.
Special needs goose

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 29 May 2020, 10:06

For league one, I had this suggestion to put to the teams, if you consider it is too dangerous and expensive to fulfil your fixtures this season, and yet think you’ll be okay to star season 20/21, then, by all means don’t play anymore games this year and remain n the number of points you now have. Those that wish to play those fixtures against other teams that are playing can gain the points that they earn in those fixtures. If it means Rotherham, Wycombe, and Coventry who sadly find they are struggling to fulfil their fixtures then so be it. The top two would be promoted automatically and the next four would’ve in the play offs, if this included Coventry and Rotherham the teams drawn against them would get byes.
Special needs goose

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 29 May 2020, 10:54

bristleposh wrote:
29 May 2020, 10:06
For league one, I had this suggestion to put to the teams, if you consider it is too dangerous and expensive to fulfil your fixtures this season, and yet think you’ll be okay to star season 20/21, then, by all means don’t play anymore games this year and remain n the number of points you now have. Those that wish to play those fixtures against other teams that are playing can gain the points that they earn in those fixtures. If it means Rotherham, Wycombe, and Coventry who sadly find they are struggling to fulfil their fixtures then so be it. The top two would be promoted automatically and the next four would’ve in the play offs, if this included Coventry and Rotherham the teams drawn against them would get byes.
Far too complicated, in my opinion.
Just finish this season (whenever). If a club can't play the they forfeit the game to the opponent.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Imp around the world

Post by Imp around the world » 29 May 2020, 17:20

tonyp wrote:
29 May 2020, 10:54
bristleposh wrote:
Just finish this season (whenever). If a club can't play the they forfeit the game to the opponent.
And what about if clubs cannot afford to spend the extra hundreds of thousands of pounds it would cost for testing etc to make the whole situation safe?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 29 May 2020, 17:45

Imp around the world wrote:
29 May 2020, 17:20
tonyp wrote:
29 May 2020, 10:54
bristleposh wrote:
And what about if clubs cannot afford to spend the extra hundreds of thousands of pounds it would cost for testing etc to make the whole situation safe?
Are they going to be able to afford them at the start of another season
Special needs goose

ashman

Post by ashman » 29 May 2020, 17:48

They are going to have to at some point.

Imp around the world

Post by Imp around the world » 29 May 2020, 18:04

[/quote]
Are they going to be able to afford them at the start of another season
[/quote]

Who knows, but at least they would know the budget and costs likely to be involved plus hopefully gate revenue. I don’t expect many clubs that didn’t expect this situation can afford to spending between £100-500k now without gate receipts for the last 3 months?

Imp around the world

Post by Imp around the world » 29 May 2020, 18:04

ashman wrote:
29 May 2020, 17:48
They are going to have to at some point.
See my answer above.