FA Cup Round 3

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18042
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by ashman » 03 Dec 2019, 14:59

bristleposh wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 09:17
ashman wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 08:29
Just found it. February 12th 2012. Gayle scored our goal!

https://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main ... 174975.htm
Either your eyes are failing you or your memory, according to that page Paul Taylor scored, according to uptheposh Gayle didn’t play. Having checked again Dwight didn’t join us until November of that year.
Memory fade - again! :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28967
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by bristleposh » 03 Dec 2019, 16:08

ashman wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 14:59
bristleposh wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 09:17
ashman wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 08:29
Just found it. February 12th 2012. Gayle scored our goal!

https://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main ... 174975.htm
Either your eyes are failing you or your memory, according to that page Paul Taylor scored, according to uptheposh Gayle didn’t play. Having checked again Dwight didn’t join us until November of that year.
Memory fade - again! :shock:
Still better than mine, I have to look up Facebook to find out who I am.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

HantsPosh
Posts: 463
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by HantsPosh » 06 Dec 2019, 22:12

Saturday 4th January 12.31pm kick off.

Manchester City v Port Vale is a 5.31pm kick off for anyone who likes to Groundhop

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28967
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by bristleposh » 07 Dec 2019, 08:49

The change of kick off that I discovered only yesterday evening has changed my plans already, having arranged a lift from Birmingham leaving at about 1030 I have now given up as I need to leave Bristol about next Wednesday.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20088
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by tonyp » 07 Dec 2019, 09:19

bristleposh wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 08:49
The change of kick off that I discovered only yesterday evening has changed my plans already, having arranged a lift from Birmingham leaving at about 1030 I have now given up as I need to leave Bristol about next Wednesday.
It's changed my plans as well.
It now starts at 10:30pm so I'll be able to go to bed soon after midnight instead of having to get up at 1 am.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20088
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by tonyp » 07 Dec 2019, 18:13

Peterborough United will travel to Premier League side Burnley in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday 4th January with the tie kicking off at 12.31pm.

The reason for the early kick-off time is because the tie has been selected as one of a number of games designated for an overseas TV Broadcast.
:clap:
that sounds very interesting.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20088
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by tonyp » 07 Dec 2019, 18:16

I see Burnley copped a hiding by Spurs today.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 16348
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by poshnipper » 08 Dec 2019, 09:24

FP coach/es leave LR at 06:00
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

DoubleRay
Posts: 1153
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by DoubleRay » 08 Dec 2019, 13:05

poshnipper wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 09:24
FP coach/es leave LR at 06:00
Too early for my liking. You will get there for 10am I reckon.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20088
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by tonyp » 08 Dec 2019, 20:26

Maybe they want to get there in time for the Poshies to have a bit of early lunch and some refreshments before the game.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

HantsPosh
Posts: 463
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by HantsPosh » 12 Dec 2019, 15:07

bristleposh wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 08:49
The change of kick off that I discovered only yesterday evening has changed my plans already, having arranged a lift from Birmingham leaving at about 1030 I have now given up as I need to leave Bristol about next Wednesday.
or get the 7am from Temple Meads to Stafford arriving at 9.01am for £20 advance purchase & I'll pick you up from there :comeon:

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28967
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by bristleposh » 12 Dec 2019, 17:34

HantsPosh wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 15:07
bristleposh wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 08:49
The change of kick off that I discovered only yesterday evening has changed my plans already, having arranged a lift from Birmingham leaving at about 1030 I have now given up as I need to leave Bristol about next Wednesday.
or get the 7am from Temple Meads to Stafford arriving at 9.01am for £20 advance purchase & I'll pick you up from there :comeon:
A very kind offer, but I like my sleep too much to leave home at six to drive to Parkway for 7:09 park up and walk to platform. It would be the same if I drove to Halesowen to get my lift from there, and little time for a beverage on arrival at Burnley. Might see you at the Rovers game, I can have a nice long lay in for that one.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18042
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: FA Cup Round 3

Post by ashman » 12 Dec 2019, 17:57

DoubleRay wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 13:05
poshnipper wrote:
08 Dec 2019, 09:24
FP coach/es leave LR at 06:00
Too early for my liking. You will get there for 10am I reckon.
No real difference to many other away games. For a 3.00 pm kick off we generally arrive anywhere between 12.30 and 1.00. Arrive 10am for a 12 pm kickoff is no different to arriving at 1.00pm for a 3.00pm ko. Both ways give a couple of hours for finding a decent watering hole, some grub and maybe a couple of pints to lubricate the vocal cords. None of the FP coach members are huge drinkers, unlike some others who have to arrive at the ground half pissed! The official coach members are a happy bunch of supporters who enjoy a convivial day out to enhance the match day experience!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Post Reply