Stevenage v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Stevenage v Posh

Post by tonyp » 07 Nov 2019, 02:37

From the Official site
https://www.theposh.com/news/2019/novem ... ll-ticket/
Cup-tie at Stevenage made all-ticket so supporters have until 3pm to secure a ticket.

Peterborough United make the trip to the Lamex Stadium to face Stevenage in the first round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday (3pm) and supporters have until 3pm on Friday to snap up the remaining tickets as the game has been made all-ticket on the advice of the police.

Over 1,400 have been sold with just 300 remaining on general sale for Posh fans to snap-up.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Brianposh

Re: Stevenage v Posh

Post by Brianposh » 07 Nov 2019, 09:12

David Oldfield has joined Stevenage as Assistant Coach this week. Slight question on the state of their Broadhall Pitch as one game this week already cancelled. It is raining at this present time.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 07 Nov 2019, 09:44

Brianposh wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 09:12
Slight question on the state of their Broadhall Pitch as one game this week already cancelled. It is raining at this present time.
They've also had an away game postponed. Not that it will affect us.

Stevenage Football Club's Herts Senior Challenge Cup First Round tie against Hadley FC has been postponed due to a Waterlogged pitch at Hitchin Town's Top Field Stadium...

The Match Referee called the game off this morning following a 10:30am pitch inspection.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Nov 2019, 10:27

Surely a good opportunity to shake things up a bit, give some who appear to be in need of a rest, a rest. If my name was Ferguson and I was charged with selecting a team for this match against probably the worst team in the football league.

I'd go for a 4-3-3, with Pym in goal, full backs Mason and Blake-Tracey on either side of central defenders Knight and Kent, a midfield three of Ward, Reed and Woodyard, and a front three made up of Kanu, Toney and Dembele. a bench of Chapman, Butler, Beevers, Maddison, Eisa, Tasdemir and Boyd.

Don't shoot the piano player it's just my opinion and obviously most will not agree with it but something for discussion rather that throwing your toys out of the pram like Gaz did yesterday when someone had the audacity to have a different opinion to himself.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

ashman

Post by ashman » 07 Nov 2019, 12:56

bristleposh wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 10:27
Surely a good opportunity to shake things up a bit, give some who appear to be in need of a rest, a rest. If my name was Ferguson and I was charged with selecting a team for this match against probably the worst team in the football league.

I'd go for a 4-3-3, with Pym in goal, full backs Mason and Blake-Tracey on either side of central defenders Knight and Kent, a midfield three of Ward, Reed and Woodyard, and a front three made up of Kanu, Toney and Dembele. a bench of Chapman, Butler, Beevers, Maddison, Eisa, Tasdemir and Boyd.

Don't shoot the piano player it's just my opinion and obviously most will not agree with it but something for discussion rather that throwing your toys out of the pram like Gaz did yesterday when someone had the audacity to have a different opinion to himself.
Good post bristle. Not throwing my toys out the pram but I reckon that Fergie should play his perceived strongest team and it's certainly not what you wanted !
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Nov 2019, 13:59

My point was his strongest perceived team has been underperforming

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 07 Nov 2019, 22:37

bristleposh wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 10:27
If my name was Ferguson and I was charged with selecting a team for this match against probably the worst team in the football league.
If your name was Ferguson you'd be picking a team that would definitely win. It's the FA Cup and anything can happen. As anybody who was around in the good old days of Giantkiller Posh knows.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 07 Nov 2019, 22:46

From the Stevenage Official site-
Saturday's match has been designated ALL-TICKET for Peterborough supporters and as such, will not be available from The Lamex Stadium on the day of the game. With approximately 200 tickets remaining from their allocation of 1796, there is a good chance of a sell-out.

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Nov 2019, 09:11

bristleposh wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 13:59
My point was his strongest perceived team has been underperforming
That's why this 'underperforming' team needs to get back out on the pitch and prove that they can do it! They owe the club and the fans a good result and display. As Tony says, anything can happen in the FA Cup and we need to get some good revenue from it. Revenue will help FFP enabling the board and Darren to improve the team in the coming months.

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Nov 2019, 09:31

Good news. Loanee Josh Knight has been given permission by Leicester to play for Posh in the FA Cup.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Nov 2019, 15:08

No Boyd injured, no Knight ?

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 09 Nov 2019, 17:28

Oh, ********. 1-0 Stevenage

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 09 Nov 2019, 17:44

Still losing and not creating anything. We're playing badly, so expect Gaz to come on later and tell us it's all Fergies fault. Possibly Whitey will be joining him

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 09 Nov 2019, 17:51

1-1, Magic Marcus Maddison with the one moment of quality the game has seen

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 09 Nov 2019, 18:13

So we managed to scrape a replay.
Not bad considering everybody thought we would murder them.